Steamed Tofu with Ground Pork Recipe http://rasamalaysia.com/30-minute-meal-steamed-tofu-with-ground/
December 05th, 2006 27 Comments

Steamed Tofu with Ground Pork Recipe

Steamed Tofu with Ground Pork

Rasa Malaysia 30-minute meal is back and this time with a homey recipe that would remind everyone of your mom’s cooking.

Steamed Tofu with Ground Pork

A painless, hassle-free dish that is surprisingly (and extraordinarily) satisfactory.

Just look at the soft and smooth as silk tofu with the generous toppings of ground pork, dried shrimps, and fresh scallions…need I say more?

Click Page 2 for the Steamed Tofu with Ground Pork Recipe Recipe

1. Chubbypanda says:

I miss my mommy. =(

- Chubbypanda

2. Rasa Malaysia says:

CP – it’s OK to miss your mommy so don’t be sad. ;)

3. Chris says:

I’m going to try this recipe, but with little changes. I’m going to fry the tofu instead of steaming… =P I prefer fried tofu….

4. Passionate Eater says:

Each time I visit Rasa Malaysia, I am amazed by your talent–in cooking, photography, and writing! Thanks for the trip back to my parents’ house. This recipe is a keeper!

5. Meiyen says:

omg, i am drooling looking at your steamed beancurd cause it’s always my favourite… yummy!

Fabulous idea … I guess a little similar to mapo dofu? Wish I could get better tofu here in Melbourne, but in any case, it’s a recipe that’s going on to my to-do list. Thank you.

7. simcooks says:

Great! I have some tofu leftover from making tofu and leeks. It’s firm tofu though, but I guess that works too, if I fry them. Maybe I’d do a stir-fried tofu with the rest of your suggested ingredients! Thanks!

8. bayi says:

I like the tofu fresh, without steaming. One way to eat it is to wash the tofu and put it into the fridge for a short while and when the toppings are laid on top, you get a nice juxtaposition of hot and cold. I like it this way but I know many don’t.

But tofu cooked any way is everyone’s favorite! :)

In fact, I’ve just bought ingredients for this dish few days ago. Have not cook it though. Will do so soon, then post, eat and be merry!

10. UnkaLeong says:

No Kitchen :’( and I miss my mommy too…

11. Rasa Malaysia says:

Chris – Great idea. The recipe will work very well with fried tofu, just remember to cut them into smaller pieces and deep fry them. Remember, photos for “User Submissions.” :P

PE – I am an OK cook and I am still learning about food photography (hopefully I will get my dream digital SLR camera soon!) so thanks for your compliment. About writing, I am really not so sure; I think that’s my weakest link, I simply can’t write. I wish someone would write this blog for me so I can just focus on cooking and taking pictures? Any volunteers??? ;)

Meiyen – yes the sauce and steamed rice…that’s one meal for me.

Anonymous – I believe Melbourne has a lot of Asian markets. You should be able to find them there.

Simcooks – sounds like a good idea.

Bayi – I know the Japanese eat a lot of cold tofu.

Tigerfish – happy cooking and I guess I will see your creation on your site?

Unkaleong – well, fly back to see your mommy then…Air Asia! ;)

12. bayi & ssk says:

Nowadays many people use bottled oyster sauce over the tofu for convenience! :(

13. Mae says:

You are torturing me…

I can eat this every day. Looks delish.

14. Keropok Man says:

I was posting a tofu post today and realise RM, Simcooks, Melting Wok all have their fav tofu recipes.

I miss this dish. I will use a chopsticks to pick the meat piece by piece. hehe…

15. golfmum says:

loved it, i’ve had it for more than 10times since i saw the your post a few months back. i’m pasting your weblink for this in my blog for my fav food. hope you dont mind.

take care

can i use minced chicken instead?

17. hang thuy says:

Hi Rasa!
    I like your blog very much and it’s wonderful !
    I tried this recipe with shrimp. It’s very good! Thanks very much! I made normal tofu because I thought tofu is tofu I didn’t know there have another tofu like silken tofu also. Next time I will try silken tofu but normal tofu taste also good. Thanks ! Have a nice day!

18. Nishi says:

Looking at all the delicious food makes me miss home…

19. Moriah says:

A quick question, what’s the best way to steam a big piece of tofu like that? I’d prefer to leave it whole (it looks so pretty!) but would it work best in a bamboo steamer or a basket steamer?

20. christine says:

hi. i just came across this recipe…reminds me of my mom’s cooking. thx! btw…your pics are nice! i love food photography, too.

21. Quyen Duong says:

I love your blog so much, and thanks for your sharing.

22. Chloe says:

I have tried it out and it do taste good!yum:D

23. Irene Brennan says:

OMG!!! i love your recipes…
    I’m originally from Malaysia but now i am staying in USA after getting married to my husband. I accidentally found your site,so you can imagine how happy i am to be able to find so many recipes of “yummy” Malaysian foods. Which are so difficult to find or eat here.
    Thanks to you..Rasa Malaysia:))

24. this is very delicious dish and I’ve made it for many times. Sometimes I fried tofu first, they are crunchy and I love them.

25. Pingback:Sugar in Strange Places | My Happy Bellea

26. AsianCook says:

The recipe calls for 1 cube of tofu. Does it mean 16oz ?
    Thanks,