Banana Chocolate Bread http://rasamalaysia.com/banana-chocolate-bread/
October 04th, 2012 17 Comments

Banana Chocolate Bread

Banana Chocolate Bread
Banana Chocolate Bread pictures (3 of 3)

I have recently changed Baby G’s daycare schedule to full day instead of partial day, which means that he basically spends his whole day there now. (Yay to mommy as I get more “me” time to work on my blog, developing, and testing recipes). Because of that, I have started baking more because I would love for him to eat better during his afternoon snack time, instead of the typical store-bought crackers and biscuits, which are not all that nutritious.

Banana Chocolate Bread

Baby G likes to eat bananas and chocolate, so I decided to combine his two favorite ingredients into a cake that he will like. I made this banana chocolate bread, which is adapted from Everyday Food magazine by Martha Stewart. I subscribe to almost all food magazines, but I always find Everyday Food very useful with practical and doable everyday recipes. More importantly, the recipes that I have tried always turn out great.

This banana chocolate bread recipe yields aromatic, moist, and delicious cake. On the third day when we had the last loaf of the banana chocolate cake, it was still soft and moist, just like it was freshly baked! If you’re tired of your same old banana bread, give it an upgrade by adding some chocolate to the cake. The end result is pleasing to adults, kids, and picky toddlers. I cut these banana chocolate bread into bite-sized pieces and packed them into Baby G’s tupperware. It makes me feel happy because I know that he will be eating well during snack time and continue to grow.

Click Page 2 for the Banana Chocolate Bread Recipe

1. Mary Beth Elderton says:

This looks wonderful!

2. Yen says:

Hi there, I am not a good baker but would like to give this receipe a try for my kid. May I ask for the for the bittersweet chocolate, is it any type of chocolate will do or must it be those meant for cooking/baking only

Thank you.

• Rasa Malaysia says:

Remember, only use chocolate for baking when asked in a baking recipe. Although the name is the same, both also chocolate, but the texture, composition and taste are different.

In this recipe, we used bittersweet or dark chocolate for baking, either the chocolate chips or the bar type will work. Chop them up as fine as you can.

3. Katarina says:

Banana chocolate bread is delicious and so moist! Great!

4. Oh my. That looks absolutely yum!

5. Spencer says:

Looks absolutely delicious! I would love to try some. I love the combination of banana and chocolate so I know I would love this.

6. Sonia says:

Made it last night and had a piece this morning with my coffee. It was delish! I used semi-sweet morsels from Nestle and it was the perfect banana-chocolate combination. In addition, taking the time to really mix in each ingredient into the batter, really pays off. The bread comes out very moist and smooth.

7. Anne says:

This cake is wonderful. just baked it and it has passed the house test. Thanks for this lovely recipe. This is the first time I am using ur recipes and I am very happy with it. I had to convert some of the things like the stick to Australian measurement but it turned out well.

8. Lucy says:

Bee, my son loves the same thing, I’ll try this chocolate banana bread recipe.

9. Lee Lee says:

Hi, this is the 1st time I try your recipe. By looking at the ingredients, I suppose it sounds more like a cake than a bread to me. Can I replace all purpose flour with self raising flour? You mention a stick of butter, does it means 250gm of butter? Thank you

• Rasa Malaysia says:

1 stick of butter is 1/4 pound or 4 ounces in weight, approximately 113g. I am sorry you will not be able to substitute with self raising flour because self raising flour has leavening agents.

10. This is a wonderful looking recipe! Banana bread on its own is delicious but with a twist of chocolate being added would be extra special :)

11. aikibabe68 says:

Made this chocolate banana bread last night and it was fabulous! The whole family loved it. This recipe is definitely a keeper.

12. Lisa Lee says:

Please advise me what is sour cream. Is there anything I can use to replace sour cream if I don’t have sour cream?