Beef Teriyaki http://rasamalaysia.com/beef-teriyaki-recipe/
July 12th, 2010 35 Comments

Beef Teriyaki

Beef Teriyaki
Beef Teriyaki pictures (4 of 4)

Recently, I am trying to incorporate iron-rich foods into my diet. This beef teriyaki is one of the simple beef dishes that I’ve made.

There is really no need to introduce teriyaki as this is probably one of the most well-known imports from Japanese cuisine, other than sushi and tempura. (Previously, My Cooking Hut shared her chicken teriyaki recipe on Rasa Malaysia.)

I cheated and pan-fried my beef on a skillet (traditionally, it should be grilled for a deeper and smokier flavor), and then lacquered the sweet and savory yakitori sauce on top the beef before serving. This beef teriyaki recipe not the most authentic way to make it, but it’s one that’s perfect for my busy schedules lately.

Click Page 2 for the Beef Teriyaki Recipe

1. Shirley says:

I always wonder how to make teriyaki sauce from scratch because I don’t like the bottled version. Will try out the recipe. Any recommendations as to the brands of sake and mirin?

2. Chris says:

Thank you for dinner tonight, this was great. Like Shirley above me, I have never really liked bottled sauce, either too sweet or too salty. This was excellent!

3. lc tan says:

Oh can u pls tell me what is flap meat. How do I tell the butcher. They dont know what is flap meat. which part is it. thanks

4. Sara says:

Yum! My favorite Teriyaki dish!!! :)

5. Alice says:

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that your site was featured on ChannelNewsAsia this morning under Surf Time! Way to go!

6. beef teri is my son’s fav beef dish…I use sirloin and it works as well as flank steak…most of the time I pan fry it too because of the convenience…

Ya, talking abt iron-rich food, eat more “black” food such as black chicken, black fungus, black rice, dark green vege etc. Looking at your beef teriyaki, almost can do 牛扒包….ha…of course, goes well with rice too :p

8. DailyChef says:

Yum, beef teriyaki! I sometimes prefer chicken teriyaki because it’smore consistent, but if done well, can’t beat beef!

9. Natalie says:

Looks delicious. I love chicken teriyaki but i am going to try your recipe with beef.

10. Shara says:

Hi Bee!

I’m a huge fan of Rasa Malaysia. That Beef Teriyaki looks scrumptious! How do I get beef strips as thin as yours?

11. SK says:

Even thought you stated you “cheated”, the beef still looks amazing!

12. baDboyzs says:

We love teriyaki, oily and delicious, looking strong too

We din know about the iron part tho

:D

13. anita says:

love your recipes! is there any way for your to add on a printer-friendly version (all text, no pictures) on your recipe posts? thank you for considering this!

• Anita, you can print the recipe out by becoming a registered users on Rasa Malaysia. Just click on the “Login” button at the top of the page and look for Sign Up.

14. This looks great, particularly the teriyaki sauce (not too sweet).

I try to eat iron-rich foods, too, and have found that stir-frying in a carbon steel work or using cast iron adds iron to my diet.

15. This looks fantastic, and no too hard to cook either! I’ll be adding these ingredients on to my shopping list for next week… Although the Sake might be a little more difficult to find.

Thanks for sharing!

John.

16. syammil says:

hi rasa malaysia,is there any subtitute for sake and mirin?since im a muslim i cant use those alcoholic mixture into my food,but i would love to try this recipe out… :(

17. Hey, how are you! My last comment date for ages now….how are you? Your blog and recipes look always so good. And what about your pictures? Just amazing! It’s good to come here! I’ll try this one, it’s looks great!

Have a nice day, cheers!
    Claude-Olivier
    PS c’est toujours avec plaisir que je viens sur ton blog!

18. lilian says:

Hi would the addition of grated ginger or ginger juice about 1 tbsp make the sauce better? Or perhaps throwing in 1 clove of garlic?

19. Jessica olle says:

Awesome teriyaki

20. cherie says:

Once again you’ve made my day. Another food I never need to order out again now that I can make my own perfect teriyaki!

Thank you for demystifying so many things that I’ve always wished I could conquer!

21. jessO says:

i love this recipe!!!!!! i’ve made this recipe like a thousands times and everybody loves it as well…please please try it and you will be amazed at how easy this is:)

22. emilvega says:

Wow! thank you for adding teriyaki sauce made from scratch!

23. kevin alen says:

For the muslim inquiry about sake and mirin being alcohol and thus prohibited. If you heat to a simmer either the sake or the mirin and let it simmer a few moments, the alcohol completely “burns off” and the sake and mirin are effectively non alcoholic. This is true with anything alcoholic. Alcohol has a low evaporation point and evaporates quickly. The same holds true for example if one were making a rum cake and didn’t want any alcohol but wanted the flavor hat rum imparts, the same holds true. Actually the cooking or baking process itself, because of the high temperature, eveporates the alcohol part of the rum or any other liquor. You can’t get drunk on rum cake no matter how much you eat. So to the muslim friends, enjoy.

24. Pushpa says:

Your blog is very awesome, i like your beef teriyaki recipes.
    come back latter to………

25. Jane says:

Hi this is my first time to do comment online. At my practice stage now. Looking forward for a new recipe for beginners like me that really like to learn how to cook
    I will try this recipe.