Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minute | Cook Time: 15 Minutes
1 lb chicken thighs, deboned, with or without skin
1/3 cup Mitsukan Mirin Sweet Cooking Seasoning
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Lightly season both sides of the chicken thighs with a little salt and pepper.
2. Add the Mitsukan Mirin, soy sauce, and sugar into a sauce pan. Bring it to boil.
3. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until the teriyaki sauce reduces to a thicker consistency. Make sure you don’t over simmer or the sauce might become too thick or caramelized.
4. In the meantime, heat up a skillet or pan on medium-high heat and add a little oil.
5. Pan-fry the chicken thighs until both sides are nicely browned and cooked through. The skin should be pan-fried to a shattering crispy texture.
6. Turn off the heat, transfer the chicken out. Let cool. Slice the chicken thighs into pieces and drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the chicken. Serve immediately with steamed rice.