Egg Drop Soup Recipe http://rasamalaysia.com/chinese-egg-drop-soup/
November 04th, 2011 14 Comments

Egg Drop Soup Recipe

Egg Drop Soup

Egg Drop Soup is a popular soup in the United States. However, I have never tasted a decent egg drop soup in the Chinese restaurants here, so much so that I dread and avoid Egg Drop Soup at all cost whenever I dine out. I frown at the sight of the goopy and MSG-laden soups served here. It all changed when I had Egg Drop Soup at Jesse, a little restaurant frequented by Chinese food connoisseurs in Shanghai, China.

The Egg Drop Soup served at Jesse was so mild and refreshing, with the sweet tang of fresh tomatoes. My Egg drop soup recipe closely replicates the version I had in Shanghai but slightly thickened with corn starch. It’s eggy, soothing, and utterly comforting, especially on a cold day.

Click Page 2 for the Egg Drop Soup Recipe Recipe

1. Usha J says:

Sweet and sour pork recipe is a testy foods.
    and you are send the food items for me.

2. DanS says:

Nice Recipe. Good tip on turning the heat off before adding egg. Otherwise egg will cook too quickly and there won’t be nice “egg drop”
    Thanks for sharing!

3. Samone says:

I made this and it was very delicious.

4. Liz says:

Love this soup. Thank you.

5. Sally says:

The photo has red stuff in the soup but no reference to that in the recipe. The red looks like chili pieces. Also, the egg looks like it has cabbage mixed in. Is the photo attached to the correct recipe?

6. .Hay Nyut. says:

all soup.

7. Ann Damirez says:

I will try this tomorrow, and Thank You! I found your website.

8. Hi,
    I would like these recipes, but I do not have a Facebook account.

9. poisinkandy says:

This is the tastiest egg drop I’ve ever made! The tomatoes really make it!

10. Steve G says:

Wow… simple recipe, add a scoop of jasmine rice to the bowl, slice of homemade bread and you have dinner! My kids loved it! This was a couple min prep and 15 min cooked, quick meal, quick clean up!