Cooking Classes in Los Angeles, featuring Rasa Malaysia! http://rasamalaysia.com/cooking-classes-in-los-angeles/
November 12th, 2007 29 Comments

Cooking Classes in Los Angeles, featuring Rasa Malaysia!

Cooking Class in Los Angeles

I have a big announcement: my cook buddy Steamy Kitchen will be teaching two classes in Los Angeles in December and she kindly invited me to co-teach the Southeast Asian class with her. Now, this is the most exciting news to hit Rasa Malaysia this year, don’t you think?

This will be my virgin cooking class so I am very excited about it. Together with Jaden of Steamy Kitchen, we will teach you how to whip up the following exotic dishes from Southeast Asia.

Southeast Asian Class $90
Date: Saturday, December 15th
Time: 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Venue: Epicurean School of Culinary Arts

1) The world famous Rasa Malaysia Butter Prawns
2) Thai Panang Curry with Jasmine Rice
3) Indonesian Lemongrass Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce
4) Vietnamese Fresh Summer Rolls

Class is very small (15 people max) and completely hands on. Seats are limited so call Epicurean now to register: (310) 659-5990. Other than this class, Jaden will also be teaching a Dim Sum class (where I will be lurking!). For more information, please click here to check out Steamy Kitchen’s post.

See you there!

1. UnkaLeong says:

Wish I could attend! Do take pics yar ;)

2. Chris says:

aiyah…I’ll arrive in LA on dec 15 so I can’t make it to your class.

I hope you’ll teach another class soon

3. Mansi Desai says:

I left LA for good…Hope to catch you when you visit bay area next time for your classes:)

Good Luck!!

4. Nags says:

wish i cud attend :(

5. sc says:

wah, congrats! am sure your students will enjoy every minute of it :)

6. MARICHELLE says:

I wish I could take the class =(
    Hopefully you’ll head over to this side one day!

7. wmw says:

Eh…good news! Yup…setting the course for more great things to come.

8. Andaliman says:

Too bad, I live far away from you, guys..
    Anyway, I posted already the Kare Udang recipe. Hopefully it will be the same Indonesian Prawn Curry that you had in Penang

9. Dwiana P says:

congratulation! I wish I could be in the class:(

10. joey says:

How exciting! Wish I was there to attend! Congratulations and I’m sure you will be just fabulous :)

11. lucia says:

wow! this is great news! cooking class indeed! i’m as excited as you! keep it up. who knows one day in the future you might open a cooking class on your own, in which you get to earn money and a the same time doing something you love.

12. Zen Chef says:

Do stalkers who just want to stare at two beautiful cooking instructors pay the full price?
    :-)

13. babe_kl says:

congrats bee for another step your blog have brought you. looks like your dream will become a reality soon ;-)

14. nicisme says:

Good luck and haave fun with your cooking class! I really wish I could come.

15. mycookinghut says:

Congratulations! I am interesting to know how to make Thai Penang Curry!!

16. team bsg says:

wow ! no wonder u have not been lurking in Malaysian cyberwaters of late hahaha !

17. Keropok Man says:

are you holding classes in Malaysia and Singapore too? :-)

18. Jen says:

YAY! I can’t wait for the class!! The butter prawns look so yummy – i’m just too lazy to make them!!

19. Rasa Malaysia says:

Unka – OKOK, I will set up a webcam and you can log on yeah? :P

Chris – too bad…hopefully I will be able to do my own cooking class soon. We shall see. :)

Mansi Desai – cool. Thanks for your support and enthusiasm.

Nags – I wish you can too.

SC – I hope so. :)

Marichelle – maybe I can do a virtual web class so everyone can join. ;)

WMW – thanks for your encouragement and support all this time. You rock! :)

Andaliman – thanks for posting the kare udang recipe. I really appreciate your effort. Will check it out soon.

Dwiana – Wish you can come too.

Joey – Hmmm, I think I really need to do a web class. Hehe.

Lucia – thanks…I hope so! :)

Zen Chef – LOL. You will have to call Epicurean. ;)

Babe – well, we shall see!

Nicisme – I wish too that you can come. Thanks for your support nonetheless.

My cooking hut – cool. Will share pictures.

Team BSG – so now you understand…phew. I don’t intend to be MIA in Malaysian blogosphere as of late…just can’t help it.

KM – I can if there is enough interest.

Budding Cook – you should come!

Jen – Are you coming to the class?

20. Keropok Man says:

maybe there is you know!

There are many cooking schools in Singapore. You can make guest appearances ;-)

21. Ming the Merciless says:

Congratulations!! What a crowning achievement.

I have taken a few evening cooking classes at the Culinary Institute in NYC (for fun-lah) with friends. They are fun and we all get to eat the stuff we cooked.

22. Terri @ A Daily Obsession says:

wish i could be there! congrats, u talented thing!

23. Terri @ A Daily Obsession says:

wish i could be there (besides attending ur class, do some outlet shopping too). congrats, B!

24. mama bok says:

Wow..!! that’s too cool..! wished i could attend too..! Unfortunately, I’m in Canada.

25. christine says:

Ooohhh I wish I was there to attend! The dishes sound exquisite and I bet you and Jaden would make it so much fun. It would have been the perfect chance to meet two of my idols. Tell us all about it after k? :) Enjoy!

26. Chubbypanda says:

Whoooey! I’m behind on my blogs indeed. Would you like me to docu-photo-blog the event? We can carpool! (By which I mean mebbe I can hitch a ride with you? =b) Email me. I’m not sure which of your addresses to send mail to right now.

27. Thanks for the nice information….

28. nail69ben says:

Kindly advise any cooking class of Rasa Malaysia recipes available? Thank you.

29. nail69ben says:

Kindly advise any cooking class of Rasa Malaysia available in Malaysia? Thank you.