Crab Meat with Fish Man Soup http://rasamalaysia.com/crab-meat-with-fish-man-soup/
October 28th, 2006 9 Comments

Crab Meat with Fish Man Soup

This is a rather Engrish.com entry, but it cracked me up when I saw the following menu at a popular Cantonese restaurant in San Francisco and I just had to snap a picture and share it with you.

So do I fancy Fish ManCrab Meat with Fish Man Soup? Maybe not, but I would certainly go for a steaming bowl of Crab Meat with Fish Maw Soup anytime.

1. wmw says:

Mmm….talk about promoting cannibalism! Hee Hee… I’m a fan of Engrish too. Oh, go eat the Salt&Pepper Crabs in R&G Lounge at Kearny Street! It’s finger licking good!

2. Chris says:

muahaha..did you point that out to the waiter/waitress? Better let ‘em know, else the Americans would be laughing at it

3. Audrey Cooks says:

Welcome back! u had me in stitches! just like ‘lamp chops’, ‘tortillas = a mexican wrapped in a ….. served with vegetables bla bla bla.”

4. Rasa Malaysia says:

WMW – yes I have been to R&G, but to tell you the truth, I think the food is expensive. Well, they are good, but I can get cheaper salt and pepper crab elsewhere, for example, at 8 Immortals in Sunset.

Chris – no I didn’t tell them. They are very rude and with no service. I suspect if I tell them, they will not care anyway. :P

Audrey – yes, I know about “A Mexican wrapped in flour dough and deep-fried to perfection…” LOL.

I also drove by a Vietnamese restaurant that’s called “Tu Lan Vietnamese.” I was ROFL. Too bad, I couldn’t take a picture as I was driving!!

5. Chubbypanda says:

LOL. For the longest time, Red Onion Cafe in Irvine had “Chicken Quarterback” on the menu. I kept picturing a burly chicken in football gear; the pride of the team until a unfortunate knee injury destined it for a more gristly fate.

- Chubbypanda

6. Chubbypanda says:

Cat just asked me to let you know that the Sam Woo on Irvine Center Dr. serves General Chaos Chicken. Engrish abounds!

- Chubbypanda

7. Rasa Malaysia says:

Chubbypanda,

That’s so funny! I would definitely like to try out “General Chaos Quarterback Chicken.” Sounds absolutely intriguing.

8. Tummythoz says:

A Mer-man dish? How exotic!

9. Cam says:

I love your recipes so much! I was wondering if there is any way you can teach me how to make crab meat with fish maw soup like the one in Chinese Restaurants? I can’t find any recipes online for it. Thanks!