Cucur Udang (Prawn Fritters) RecipeDecember 27th, 2008Malaysian Food, Recipes, Malaysian Recipes, Recipes17 Comments
Recipe: Cucur Udang (Prawn Fritters)
200 grams plain flour (or self raising flour)
1 cup water
1 teaspoon chili paste (optional, but makes the color nicer)
1/2 of a large green onion, chopped to small pieces
1 red chili, thinly sliced
3 small chives, cut to 1-inch strips
1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
80 grams small fresh shrimps, beheaded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Mix flour, chili paste, salt & water and combine until the texture is smooth. The texture should be thick but not too watery.
2. Throw in the chopped onions, chives, sliced chili, corns, prawns and combine.
3. Heat a large pot with cooking oil (a deep fryer would be perfect). When the oil is heated properly, it’s time to cook the cucur udang.
4. Scoop a spoonful of the cucur udang mixture and drop it into the oil for frying. Don’t cramp too many pieces at one time as they need room to fry around until they reach a golden brown color, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Transfer to a cooling rack and repeat with remaining mixture. This recipe makes about 20 cucur udang, enough for 4 persons.