Essence of Shangri-La Cookbook http://rasamalaysia.com/essence-of-shangri-la-cookbook/
October 31st, 2007 17 Comments

Essence of Shangri-La Cookbook

Essence of Shangri-La Living. DiningI spent two wonderful nights at Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa in Penang. I can’t wait to tell you all about it, but for now, I wanted to share this cookbook with you.

Essence of Shangri-La Living. Dining” is easily one of the best and most beautiful Chinese cookbooks I have ever come across. This book is a collaboration of the top Chinese chefs at Shangrila-La hotels and documents precious and much-valued recipes served at Shangri-La’s famed Shang Palace and Summer Palace restaurants in the Asia Pacific region…

If you love food and cookbooks, this is a must-have collection, really! Complete with 108 mouth-watering recipes, gorgeous food photography, and introduction of each dish (with tea/wine pairing suggestions), my eyes were glued to this cookbook for hours…I simply can’t wait to try out all the recipes!

Note: The cookbook is a limited edition and not for sale, most of them are presented to Shangri-La’s VIPs and Golden Circle members. Guests who would like to have a look at the cookbook can contact the Communications department of any Shangri-La hotels/resorts.

1. Mandy says:

gosh, spa in Shangri-la! Such good life.;p
    Enjoy yourself and have lots of fun at home! :)

2. K & S says:

looks like a very relaxing and romatic place! can’t wait to hear about it.

3. bea says:

Since I am a cookbook addict, I will have to check it out. I already like the cover.

4. Swaroopa says:

cant wait to hear abt it. will have to chk out the cookbook in amazon

5. wmw says:

Hey! Four of us will be in Penang this Saturday/Sunday!

6. Amy says:

I love the cover! I will have to check this one out.

7. Nabeela says:

what? no copy on amazon? nooooooo

8. Cynthia says:

Having a great time I see :)

I’m definitely bookmarking this book.

9. lucia says:

hey BY, you were in penang? how come no contact me for some seafood (or anything with prawns) makan?

wow! you stayed in a 5 stars hotel!

10. Nate 2.0 says:

honeymoon?

hi, i really like this blog, good idea for malaysian recipes. Just wondering is the miso paste halal? what is it make of? i really want to try the miso soup receipe. And one request, can you give recipe of mee hailam..really been craving for it.

thanks

12. Terri @ A Daily Obsession says:

hey, the article on ur blog is out today in The New Sabah Times. I vote u The Most Beautiful Blogger!

13. mycookinghut says:

Looks like a good book!

14. Al says:

HI. I really love your blog. All the foods photos really make me hungry. yummy… keep up the great posting!

I love your blog as well as I love to cook, not so much to eat.
    I like the Shangri-la’s oookbook as well but it is not for sale and not for giving to “ordinary” people, it’s for VIPs only – I tried all channels from friends in HK to friends back in KL – no luck.
    Anyone willing to get me a copy is most appreciated!

Pat

16. eatdrinknbmerry says:

Such a pity! I just tried to do a search on this book on amazon/google. Nowhere to be found. Everytime I go to Hong Kong, I go for the cookbook section in bookstores. There was one book i really wanted from Chubbyhubby’s site. Something like “justin kwok”? Looks like a great cookbook.

Just to let all of you know, the shangri-la cookbook is not available for sale, hence you will never be able to find it on amazon. It was published for Shangri-La’s VIPs and Golden Cricle members so my guess is that the best place to look for this book will be on eBay – that is if any of these people actually want to sell the book!