Chinese New Year Recipes
It’s Chinese/Lunar New Year’s Eve in Asia now, so I wanted to wish everyone a very happy Chinese/Lunar New Year.
Gong Xi Fa Cai, 恭喜发财.
May the year of the rat brings you great health, happiness, prosperity ($$$), and of course, lots of scrumptious foods.
Looking for Chinese New Year’s recipes?
Check out my recommendations and recipes below…
- Stir-fried Lobster with Butter and Cheese (芝士牛油焗龙虾) – This is the kind of dish that one would order at restaurants during Chinese New Year. Make it at home this year!
- Braised Daikon/Turnip with Pork Ribs and Dried Oysters (白萝卜蚝干焖排骨) – perfect for family dinners, dried oysters are excellent for Chinese New Year festivities.
- Sichuan Wok-fried Chicken – Running out of chicken recipes? Try this spicy and numbing Sichuan dish.
- Imitation Shark’s Fin and Crab Meat Omelette – go eco-friendly this Chinese New Year without sacrifying taste, really!
- Steamed Scallops with Soy Sauce and Garlic Oil – try steaming something different this year, scallop is a wonderful choice.
- Minced Chicken and Pork Rolls (鸡卷)- A slightly different twist to the classic “lor bak” (卤肉) but equally delicious.
- Stir-fried Chive Buds – Introducing an uncommon vegetable dish that is sure to impress your family and guests.
- Shrimp Wontons (鲜虾云吞) – Who doesn’t like this Chinese classic? A certified crowd-pleaser.
- Red Bean Paste Pancakes (豆沙锅饼) – end the family dinner with a sweet note with this Chinese dessert pancakes.
- Longan Dessert/Longan Tong Sui (龙眼糖水) – Serve your guests a warm bowl of this soothing drink; great for Chinese New Year’s cakes, cookies, and candies.
Happy eating (and drinking) for the next 15 days! *wink*
Click Images Below for Similar Recipes:
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!