HOKKAIDO MILK LOAF (HOKKAIDO SOFT BREAD)
Adapted from Angie’s Recipes
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
190ml whipping cream
1 large egg
2 Tbsp milk powder
4Tbsp fine sugar
3 tsp dry yeast
1/2 Tbsp salt
- Grease 2 bread tin.
- Put milk, whipping cream, egg, flour, milk powder, salt, sugar and yeast into the bread machine. Set to Dough function. After the dough has finished it’s kneading cycle, let it proof inside the machine for 45-50 minutes or till it is double in size.
- Remove from the pan and divide dough into 4 equal portions and shape into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten the ball and roll out in a rectangle shape. Roll it up again tightly like swiss roll.
- Put it in the greased bread tin. Repeat with the second ball. ( Put 2 balls into a bread tin)
- Set aside and let it proof for about 1 hr or till it rises till it fills up about 75% of the bread tin.
- Bake at 190 degree Celsius for about 50-55 minutes if you cover the cake tin. If you do not cover the cake tin, 40 minutes of baking time is enough.
If you do not have a bread machine, mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and knead on medium speed with a stand mixer until the dough is smooth, non sticky, and elastic.