I Love Xinjiang Fragrant Pear (新疆香梨) http://rasamalaysia.com/i-love-xinjiang-pear/
April 22nd, 2007 23 Comments

I Love Xinjiang Fragrant Pear (新疆香梨)

Xinjiang Pear (新疆香梨)

Juicy, thin skin, crunchy, and very fragrant. No wonder they are called “Fragrant Pear.”

Xinjiang Pear (新疆香梨)

Definitely my favorite kind of pear.

On sale now at 99 Ranch for only $1.18/lb. Hurry, grab them while you can and bid goodbye to those mushy kinds of pear.

More Easy and Delicious Recipes:

1. pablopabla says:

Did you place the pears on some black coloured cloth or something to create the dark background???

2. Oppss says:

Hmm, I normally prefer korean pears. guess I gotta try this xinjiang pears next time too.

3. simcooks says:

I get mine for $1.99 per lb (non-offer price). How about you?

4. lindsay says:

i love these! hands down, greatest crunch.

cheers

5. sc says:

my fave pear too! have always known it as hiong lei (fragrant pear), never knew it’s called xinjiang pear

6. Ming_the_Merciless says:

I love pears but I hate the skin. The only way I would eat them is if they were peeled.

My mom used to peel them for me when I was a kid. :-) I’m such a mama’s boy.

7. Claude-Olivier says:

Salut

Pearl is one of my favorite fruit, we have many kind of pearl here in Europe…Also a very small one, which is called poire à botzi (no translation sorry), and we find it only in my area in Fribourg ;-) But this one looks good !

Have a nice day
    Claude

8. Keropok Man says:

these pears are delicious! i use to eat lots of it. i think they are not in the stores in Spore, or I have missed it…

my current fav is fuji apple. i eat one almost every other day. :-)

9. Keropok Man says:

oh ya, to answer your question, my day job’s an IT person. what about yours?

realised that i associate you with a cook and never thought of it, until you pose the question to me. haha..

10. Claude-Olivier says:

Pear and not pearl of course…I’m tired ;-)

11. Kenny Mah says:

We call them ‘hiong lei’ in Cantonese. Mum loves ‘em. Cruncy munchy lil wonder. :)

12. Kok says:

Rasa Malaysia,
    I also want to post a photo or two for pear. But different kind from yours. Check out my blog soon. :)

Are they from 新疆? I always known them as 香梨! Wherever they are from, always sweet!

14. Kenny Mah says:

Kok, make us suspense onli… what sorta pear is this? ;)

15. MeiyeN says:

my favourite pear too!!!! sweet and juicy……

16. Rasa Malaysia says:

Pablo – yes, I have 3 table napkins (dark navy, khaki, and white) and they show up in the majority of my shots. This is the dark navy ones.

Oppss – Korean pears are great and very juicy, but this one is just so fragrant and better, too, in my opinion.

Sim – it’s $1.18/lb now in SoCal.

Lindsay – yes, and very sweet and juicy, too.

Ming – you’re too spoilt. ;P

KM- Check out my profile to find out what I do. ;)

Claude – I love pearls, too. Hehe.

Kenny – yes, hiong lei, very hiong. :)

Kok – I will check it out.

Tiga – I am not sure if they are indeed from Xinjiang, but the name says so, but who knows.

Kenny – be patient. Perhaps Kok has some “hybrid” new kind of pears to show us?

Meiyen – yes, sweet and juicy they are.

17. teckiee says:

Only thing i dont like about this pear is that it’s too small. can finish with 4 bites.

18. simcooks says:

Oops, I must be blind to have not seen the price :P

19. Precious Pea says:

I used to buy a lot of this pears but I guess i overdosed myself with it. Hahaha! But my favourite got to be Nashi Pear.

20. Steamy Kitchen says:

I can’t these these pears here! UGH!

These pears are really good! Yum!

22. Nate 2.0 says:

These pears are really good. Very sweet and nice crunch to them. Never seen them anywhere else but 99 Ranch. Wonder if they’re really from Xinjiang, or can they be grown closer to the US?

23. wie says:

This is the same thing as Xiang Li right? If so, man I gotta get myself to Ranch 99 ASAP!!!