Japanese Beef Rolls with Mizkan PonzuNovember 1st, 2010Recipes, Japanese Recipes, Recipes, Sponsorship21 Comments
Japanese Beef Rolls with Ponzu
Makes about 12 rolls
12 oz beef flap meat or flank steak
6 oz enoki mushrooms, ends trimmed
1 teaspoon butter
Oil, for pan-searing
1/2 tablespoon white and black sesame seeds, optional
1 tablespoon Mizkan (Bonito Flavored) Soup Base
1 tablespoon Mizkan HONTERI Mirin Seasoning
1 tablespoon sake
1/2 cup Mizkan AJIPON® Ponzu Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce
- Slice the beef (across the grain) thinly to 3-inch by 5-inch pieces.
- Marinate the beef slices with Mizkan (Bonito Flavored) Soup Base, Mizkan HONTERI Mirin Seasoning and sake for an hour.
- Heat up the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the enoki mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 1 minute or until they are just done. (Do not overcook the enoki mushrooms, they should remain somewhat crunchy.)
- Heat up the pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with some oil. Pan-sear the beef slices until both surfaces are slightly charred. Remove the beef from the heat.
- In a serving dish, roll the beef with some enoki mushrooms and secure it with a toothpick. Drizzle some Mizkan AJIPON® Ponzu Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce over the beef roll and topped with some sesame seeds. Serve immediately.