200g thick coconut milk
3 pandan leaves (Screwpine leaves)
70 g sugar ( to cook caramel)
- Beat eggs and sugar with hand whisk till sugar has dissolved.
- Add coconut milk into egg mixture.
- Put egg mixture into the double boiler and keep on stirring.
- In a pan, stir fry the remaining 70g sugar till it melts and golden in color. Add the sugar into the egg mixture.
- Continue stirring the egg mixture together with pandan leaves till it has thickened and golden in color. This process will take about 1.5 hours.
- Remove from double boiler and cool thoroughly.
- If you want a thinner consistency which can be used as spread add 50ml water to the coconut milk.
- Egg mixture must be stirred consistenly to avoid lumps .
- Kaya must be cooked for at least 1.5 hours on double boiler to get the fragrant taste and to enable it to last longer.
Pages: 1 2