Kek Lapis (Indonesian Layer Cake)
Kek Lapis Recipe
12 oz butter
2Tbsp condensed milk
20 eggs yolks
5 oz icing sugar
2 oz superfine flour, sifted with
1.5 tsp all spice
2 Tbsp brandy (optional)
- Lined and greased a 6 inch cake pan. Preheat oven at 380 degrees Farenheit.
- Beat butter and condensed milk till smooth. Leave aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and icing sugar till pale and thick.
- Fold butter into egg yolk mixture.
- Lastly, fold in sifted flour in 2 batches until combined. Add brandy.
- Turn the oven to grill function. Put cake pan into oven for 1 minute.
- Put a small ladle ( about 2.5 oz) batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake for 5 minutes or till the top is brown.
- Remove from oven and and scoop the same amount of batter for the second layer. Repeat the same process.
- After you have finished the last layer, turn the oven to bake function. Cover top of the cake with aluminium foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire rack.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!