Lobster Recipe: Mango and Lobster Salad http://rasamalaysia.com/lobster-recipe-mango-and-lobster-salad/
September 06th, 2007 43 Comments

Lobster Recipe: Mango and Lobster Salad

Lobster and Mango Salad
Lobster and Mango Salad pictures (6 of 7)

As Cynthia of Tastes Like Home puts it: “Separately (mango & lobster), they are heavenly. Combined? They are sinfully good.”

She was spot on.

This mango and lobster salad was refreshing, light, and mangolicious. For me, the ideal ratio is approximately 1.5 mango: 1 lobster to get that perfect and harmony balance. Plus, mangoes are just too good, so the more the merrier…

Click the image above to see my mango and lobster salad gallery and here for my baked lobster with cheese.

This is a seriously good recipe and I hope you’ll get to try out my mango and lobster salad recipe soon. Bon Appetit!

Click Page 2 for the Lobster Recipe: Mango and Lobster Salad Recipe

1. Claude-Olivier says:

sounds good…I’m looking forward ^

2. rayc22 says:

What a combination! Excellente!

3. BuddingCook says:

nice pic!

4. Cynthia says:

Separately (mango & lobster), they are heavenly. Combined? They are sinfully good :D

5. New Kid on the Blog says:

when are you coming back to Penang and open your own restaurant.. I always admire your cooking skills….

6. Barbara says:

I’ve never tried that combination but it certainly does sound delicious. Lobsters and mangoes are so expensive here.

7. YOYO's Food says:

又清爽又诱人

想连同勺子一同吃掉>_<

8. joey says:

That does sound like the most luscious combination ever! I love them both :)

9. Dee says:

Looks real delish! Would also like to thank you for posting the claypot rice without claypot recipe. Tried it last night and it was very well received by my family. :-)

10. Piggy says:

it looks so good! yum….

真的很美, esp the first shot! It’s like…you are feeding us from the monitor! How can…so evil :P
    Now I also want R99 to kill the lobster for me! LOL!

12. Mandy says:

You have combined two of my favorite things in one dish! I want!!!

13. Brilynn says:

That is a salad for the Gods! And me, definitely me, I want some so bad.

14. MeiyeN says:

lobster again…..and with mango? wow.. what a perfect salad for lunch!

15. Ee Chian says:

I think i kena high cholesterol just by popping by …

16. Lemongrass says:

Looks scrumptious! And nice presentation.

17. Andaliman says:

ahhh another lobster recipe. Your blog always makes me drooling by seeing the pictures

18. Passionate Eater says:

What a delicious flavor combination! And I’ve missed you so much. During my move, I didn’t have a lot of time to read my necessary food blogs, but I do now. I am catching up on your sinful and heavenly posts!

19. Cynthia says:

You had me rolling with laughter (lol). Now, if only I can have some, all my troubles will go away, if only momentarily as I savour the flavours.

20. Rasa Malaysia says:

Claude – I have posted more pictures and recipe, have you checked it out?

Rayc22 – Thanks. :)

Budding Cook – Thanks! Have you stocked up on your mangoes? ;)

Cynthia – I love your comment, so much so that I had to use it as the opening of my post. LOL!

New kid on the blog – I hope to return to Penang one day and open a restaurant. Thanks so much for your nice word. :) :)

Barbara – I only bought lobster and mangoes because they were on sale. Yeah, they are great combinations together.

Yoyo’s Food – 谢谢。真的好好吃。

Joey – thanks. Can you get lobsters easily in Manila?

Dee – I am glad that you love the chicken rice without claypot. You should try out this mango and lobster recipe, too. :)

Piggy – Yum it was. The next day, I made more of this but used shrimp because I ran out of lobsters.

Tiga – quick quick go catch one in the market and have them cleaned and cut it up for you. Do they have sales up there?

Mandy – let’s trade? I want your baked goods and I can give you some of my lobster salad. Hehe.

Brilynn – ambrosia, yes. Hehe. :)

Meiyen – I made 3 dishes with my lobster…haha. This is great for lunch indeed and I had them for lunch. :)

Ee Chian – betul ke? Just by popping by you get high cholesterol? Haha. My cholesterol level is actually perfect and very healthy, despite my seafood-laden meals. Actually some other meat dishes or organs have a lot more cholesterol than seafood. ;)

Lemongrass – thanks. :)

Andaliman – haha, drooling? Likewise when I look at your delicious Indonesian dishes…yum.

PE – hey, welcome back to blogoshere. I have missed you too. I look forward to your adventure in the Big Easy…by the way, about humidity, you will get use to it…actually humidity is supposed to be better for the skin, make it more dewey, hehe.

Cynthia – haha…do me a favor, just leave me comments and I shall use your comment as my opening paragraph for every post…that would save me some time thinking up how to start a post. I just don’t like writing, I just want to share my pictures and recipe…LOL.

21. SteamyKitchen says:

WOW! my 2 fav ingredients in the world…all on one spoon.

22. team bsg says:

mango with rice yes, with durian yes , with other fruits and santan yes but this combo notyet. maybe can try with prawns/crabs first for starters ! u r now giving us ideas to put mangos as seductive toppings here and there!
    ( yes man does go )

23. Lia says:

beautiful, looks very refreshing!

24. "Joe" who is constantly craving says:

omg..that looks so good!!..just had lobster with linguine..but must say a 1kg lobster (the kind with the claws) is pretty meatless to say the least..and cause a hole in the pockets too!

25. Maryann says:

Hi Rasa. What a great site you have here! Beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my corner of the food blog world :) I’ll be back.

26. sc says:

always envy you for the fantastic photography skills..every shot is a piece of art..cantiknya!

27. JennDZ - The Leftover Queen says:

Wow! That looks absolutely phenomenal! Beautiful and delicious combination!

28. Kevin says:

Amazing photos! And the salad sounds delicious.

29. Stephen says:

Yum, that lobster mango salad looks amazing!

30. Ming_the_Merciless says:

What? Only two lobster claws per recipe?

It will take double the recipe to satisfy my appetite.

31. Keropok Man says:

Yes! Feed me feed me!
    I can have a whole plate of that!

32. diva says:

thx for letting me in on this recipe. this looks insanely good – honey & cream with lobster. also, i can never outdo your 5star deals honestly! :)
    although i’m definitely going to b sticking around to copy more of your recipes so i can eat em all! x

33. Mona says:

I would have never thought abtout mango and lobster salad. that sounds delish! Thank you for sharing the easy recipe.

hi just want to ask is that an anchovy head in picture 2. thanks.

35. Rasa Malaysia says:

Hi Anonymous, no, it sure looks like it, but no. If you check out the photoset, you will be able to see that spot from a different angle. :)

36. luke lee says:

my mouth is watering badly now …

37. Pingback:10 More Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You To Sleep | Hugging the Coast

38. Pingback:Mango Shrimp Salad « Sydney'sKitchen

39. amazing and very elegant. classic and very delicious.

40. Ruth Xu says:

Hi Bee,
    Lobster is expensive in singapore. Can i substitute it with prawn? How can i make the light cream taste slightly sweet?