Lobster Yee Mein (Lobster Noodles) Recipe http://rasamalaysia.com/lobster-yee-mein-lobster-noodles-recipe/
December 21st, 2008 24 Comments

Lobster Yee Mein (Lobster Noodles) Recipe

Lobster Yee Mein
Lobster Yee Mein pictures (4 of 5)

(Chinese recipes, prepare authentic Chinese food now!)

Recently, my neighborhood Asian grocery store had a lobster sale. At $6.99/lb, it was a steal that I couldn’t pass up, so I got myself a 3-lb Boston lobster.

When it comes to lobsters, there aren’t that many recipes that I know of. (Previously, I had stir-fried and baked lobster with cheese and butter and also a mango and lobster salad.) In my opinion, lobster is one of those ingredients that is very delicious but not very versatile…

Chinese Recipe: Lobster Yee Mein (Lobster Noodles)In the Chinese restaurants in the United States, lobsters are often served with Yee Mein (or “E-Fu” noodles). First, the lobster is stir-fried with ginger and scallion, and then poured over a bed of boiled Yee Mein. Lobster Yee Mein is a celebrated dish that graces wedding dinners, birthday banquets or casual dining. And that was exactly what I made.

The lobster yee mein was very yummy and the taste was close to restaurant quality, but it lacked wok hei (the “breath of wok“). Cooking a big lobster at home was challenging–the wok could hardly contain the giant claws, but I managed.

This coming holidays, why don’t you try out my lobster noodles recipe?

Enjoy!

Click Page 2 for the Lobster Yee Mein (Lobster Noodles) Recipe Recipe

1. Passionate Eater says:

I will definitely try out your recipe Rasa Malaysia! Welcome back, and have a wonderful holiday season!

2. Cynthia says:

I have to come and visit you because you seem to live in a seafood mecca :)

Happy Holidays!

3. Marc @ NoRecipes says:

That looks delicious. I just saw a place in chinatown with $4.99 lobsters (yes for the whole thing). Seeing this, I wish I’d picked some up!

Wow, this lobster noodles look absolutely delish and the recipe looks like it’s something I can handle. Thanks for the good idea.

~ Kitchen Mom

5. ck lam says:

This Lobster Yee Mein recipe would come in handy for the Chinese New Year celebration which is just a few weeks away.
    Sure makes an impressive yummy dish for the family. Thanks for sharing.

6. Court says:

Oh the praries! We never seem to have lobster sales (or any type of good seafood sales for that matter). I wish I was not land locked. In the mean time I will look and drool from afar.

7. syrie says:

Bee this picture is making me crazy. I want to eat my screen! Loosk fabulous. Happy Holidays!

8. rpm says:

Looks really gooooood…thanks!!! I don’t have a lobster recipe to share but maybe you’d like to try my Lime Chipotle Grilled Chicken recipe at momgateway.blogspot.com

9. "Joe" who is constantly craving says:

omg..thats so darn cheap..by the time they fly to malaysia..this cheap buggers costs almost ten fold..!

10. Maya says:

It may not have the breath of wok but looks fabulous just the same!

11. Salt N Turmeric says:

Yee mein is my fav type of noodle and that lobster yee mein is just too sinful to pass!

12. Campusfork says:

Great photos.

There are very few great lobster dishes in the Asian cuisine since we desire the ingredient itself to play center stage.

Sea sweat meat.

Great photo and keep writing!!

Out here in San Francisco, very few restaurants make great lobster dishes. Lobster E Mein at many Chinese restaurants actually uses ladles of oil.

13. Charles says:

Your food pictures look amazing! I’d love to know how your setup is when picturing your food.

Charles

14. gaga says:

I love lobster yee mein. I haven’t had it in ages though. It’s great that you got a good deal on the lobsters. I heard that because of the economy, the prices have fell. I’ll have to keep my eyes out too.

15. Pingback:FoodieView Blog » A Father’s Day Feast

16. Tricia says:

Hi Bee,

Just picked up some lobsters at my local Chinese Market … $5.99 lb!!! Can’t wait to try your recipe out!!! Looks amazing!!!

Thanks!

17. Pingback:Shrimp Dumplings (Har Gow) - My guest post on Rasa Malaysia! | FriedWontons4u

18. Michael says:

Gave your recipe a go tonight. Overall I rated it a success.

For a 1.6kg lobster we went with two lots of sauce, but I think we could even increase that to 4 lots as we generally buy our lobsters cooked. We also added garlic.

Thanks for the recipe!

19. Barbara says:

I tried it! It works and is very yummy. Thanks for sharing!

20. A Man says:

Hi Bee,

I went out looking for a special recipe for my birthday and found your Lobster Noodles. This looks tasty. It’s simpler than some I’ve seen, too. Thanks!

21. Chef John says:

I wish that people would reserve comments for dishes that they have tried as that makes them useful. All of the comments about “looks yummy,” “gonna try it one day,” “I can taste it from here,” do not help those of us looking for useful critiques.

22. Monty says:

Totally love this recipe. I added another lobster, but didn’t need to. This was as good as any I have had in the San Francisco Bay area.