Mini Shitake Mushroom http://rasamalaysia.com/mini-shitake-mushroom/
May 01st, 2007 14 Comments

Mini Shitake Mushroom

Mini Mushroom

I am fond of mini-me foods and have previously blogged about them here and here, so you can imagine how overjoyed I was when I spotted this teeny, itty-bitty, baby dried shitake mushroom in the container that I keep all my dried shitake mushrooms.

The actual size of this mini shitake mushroom is a small fraction of the normal ones; it’s too cute and such an eye-candy.

On a totally unrelated note, I have been very busy with work lately and hardly have time to post or respond to your comments timely. Sincere apologies to my loyal readers.

Now, on to something very exciting: I finally met my idol Chubby Hubby and his lovely and gracious wife S this afternoon. We had a good lunch and shared great conversations. I will blog about it soon. I have some new pictures to share (shot with my new Canon 50 mm lens), too. Please stay tuned.

1. Claude-Olivier says:

Salut

Small is beautiful isn’it ??? ;-) The picture is really nice…do you use a macro lens ? I’m planning to buy one but it is not so cheap ;-)

Cheers
    Claude
    P.S And what about meeting me ???? ^__^

2. Jackson says:

Wow…u took a wonderful picture !!!

3. Lydia says:

Beautiful photo! I love my 50 mm lens, too.

4. Kok says:

Rasa Malaysia,
    Is that a mummy mushroom and a baby mushroom?:P

5. Steamy Kitchen says:

teeeennnyyyy tiiiiinnnnyyyyy! I love it!

6. bayi says:

Mmm…shitake. One of the types of food that we can truly enjoy and yet a great source of antioxidant. This is when we can have the cake and eat it too! :)

7. Lagers tabberas says:

I’m living far north, up in Sweden, were we have four very accentuated seasons and that the first primeur for the kitchen is small and tasty like nettles and Jerusalem artichoke. In july, if wet, we have the first small yellow, welltasting chantarelle. Later in august the small and tasty penny bun.

When it comes to fish and taste – the bigger the better. Icesea morning swimming cod, river salmon – wonderful.

8. simcooks says:

You are my idol too? When are you coming over to the Bay Area? I can do all the queuing at Koi Palace :)

Wow, you met your idol! Cool.

What was the origin of these teeny weeny mushrooms? I’m sure they did not pop or grow out of your container. Your garden, maybe ? They’re cute!

10. MW says:

So cute, looks like a a button gone astray! :o)

11. Rasa Malaysia says:

Claude – you are my idol, too. Of course I wanted to meet you so if you are in Los Angeles, you let me know. I used the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens. I just bought a macro lens and it’s just $70. Not too bad.

Jackson – I think my camera took a wonderful picture. :P

Lydia – I just bought my 50 mm, can’t wait to try it out.

Kok – I think it’s a mummy mushroom and grand child mushroom. You are too funny. :)

Steamy kitchen – yes!

Bayi – I know…it’s good for health.

Lagers Taberras – take some pictures of the artichoke for me. :)

Simcooks – really ah? Aiyo, so pai seh. But yes, Koi Palace, we must conquer together, with Tigerfish. I actually go up to SF sometimes, I will let you guys know the next time. In fact, I just came back from there two weeks ago, and yes, I had Koi Palace – the best dim sum restaurant outside Hong Kong!

Tiga – I keep all my dried shitake mushroom in a container. No lah, I bought the shitake mushroom from 99 Ranch one, not from my garden lah.

MW – yes, looks like a button…as small as a button too. :)

12. Timothy says:

Hey Rasa Malaysia, what camera do you use? I mean, which Canon model? I’ve been using my Fuji S5000 forever … and recently I got myself a Nikon D200 … but I am really struggling to learn how to use it.

Love your macros … and thanks for the link to Chubby Hubby. I am a fan of his now too….

13. Rasa Malaysia says:

Hi Timothy,

I use Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT (350D). Nikon D200, that’s like top of the line, is it? Can’t wait to see your new pictures.

14. christine says:

Aww cutie! Love the photo. :)