Penang Private Tour and Culinary Tour http://rasamalaysia.com/penang-private-tour-and-culinary-tour/
January 18th, 2009 166 Comments

Penang Private Tour and Culinary Tour

简体字  | 繁體字

Send an email to rasamalaysia@gmail.com today to inquire and join our award-winning Penang Private Tour and Culinary Tour.

FEATURED ON:

Our tour has been featured on US, Singapore, Philippines, and other regional media.

Rasa Malaysia Penang Private Tour and Culinary Tour is catered specifically to foreign tourists and visitors, as well as local tourists from Singapore and Asian countries. Unlike other packaged tours with a van that loads and unloads visitors at various tourist traps, Penang Private Tour is the ONLY tour company that offers customized itinerary with a friendly driver,  in a licensed mini van (new and with air-condition) with proper insurance coverage. Send an email to rasamalaysia@gmail.com now to learn more about our tour programs and rates. Our guide speaks fluent English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay/Indonesian, and our award-winning services have been featured on Singapore’s SilkAir magazine, Budget Travel Magazine, USA, Leisure + Adventure Travel, Philippines, Next Magazine, Singapore, and TODAYonline. For the glowing reviews from previous guests, scroll down to the comments section.

TOUR PACKAGES: .

1. Penang Private Tour—a 9-hour day tour to the best sights and places of interests in Penang.
  2. Penang Culinary Tour—a 9-hour culinary tour to local wet markets, spice mill, traditional soy sauce/belacan factory, plus the best local food experience (hawker centers, kopitiam/coffee shops, and private dining). Cooking classes can be arranged.
  3. Penang Day and Night Tour—a 12-hour tour that covers places of interests plus sunset tour, night market tour, and sampling famous Penang seafood dinner.
  4. Penang Firefly TourWatch ten of thousands of fireflies flickering and lighting up mangrove trees along a serene river bank. A must-visit excursion for nature lovers.
  5. Penang Peranakan Culture and Nyonya Food TourNyonya and Peranakan tour covers the unique and colorful Penang Baba-Nyonya and Peranakan culture, heritage, living traditions, museums, cuisine, and antiques.
  6. Penang Durian Tour (May 2013 – August 2013)—durian eating tour at a private durian orchard in Balik Pulau, tropical fruit orchards, and round-the-island tour.

PENANG PRIVATE TOUR (Sample Itinerary)

Day 1 Georgetown UNESCO World Heritage Tour

9:00 am—Pick up at hotel
9:30 am—Georgetown UNESCO Heritage Walking Tour
12:00 pm—Lunch (sampling local cuisine of Indian “nasi kandar” and “teh tarik“)
1:00 pm—Pinang Peranakan Mansion Tour
2:00 pm—Penang floating village of Chew Jetty (a UNESCO site)
3:00 pm—Cheong Fatt Tze mansion
4:00 pm—Fort Cornwallis and Esplanade
5:00 pm—Tea break at local street food stalls and Penang Road walking tour
6:00 pm—Car transfer back to hotel

Day 2 Nature and Heritage Temples

9:00 am—Pick up at hotel
9:30 am—Wet market tour
10:30 am—Reclining Buddha and Burmese Temple
11:30 am—Botanical Garden and Youth Park (Monkeys!)
12:30 pm—Lunch (sampling Nyonya cuisine or local Chinese food)
1:30 pm—Penang Hill
3:30 pm—Kek Lok Si Temple
5:00 pm—Penang street food (hawker food) experience
6:00 pm—Car transfer back to hotel

Day 3 Round-the-island Tour

9:00 am—Pick up at hotel
9:30 am—Penang Spice Garden
10:30 am—Butterfly Farm
11:30 pm—Tropical fruit farm and waterfall hike
1:00 pm—Sampling famous Balik Pulau Laksa
2:00 pm—Balik Pulau tour and various scenic view points
4:30 pm—Snake temple
5:00 pm—Fishing village plus sampling Malay “ikan bakar” (grilled fish wrapped with banana leaves)
6:00 pm—Car transfer back to hotel

PENANG CULINARY TOUR

Apong Balik is a perfect afternoon snack
Apong Balik is a perfect afternoon snack pictures (40 of 40)

Our award-winning Rasa Malaysia Penang Culinary Tour (as featured on SilkAir and Budget Travel USAtakes you to sample the best street food, traditional restaurants and hidden gems known only to the locals. You will get to sample the world famous Penang hawker food, visiting spice mill, soy sauce, and “belacan” (shrimp paste) factories, wet market, food culture tour, and more!  We also offer Nyonya Food Culinary Tour with the focus on Nyonya and Peranakan food, legacy, and heritage. Click the photo album above to view the delicious Penang food.

PENANG FIREFLY TOUR

Penang Firefly Tour takes you on an excursion to a serene riverbank with mangrove trees—the natural habitat of firefly. Watch ten of thousands of fireflies flickering and dancing in front of your eyes, lighting up the mangrove trees like Christmas trees while you cruise along the river enjoying the peaceful and serene nature. You’ll be amazed—and mesmerized—by the synchronized flashes of light gently hovering over the mangrove trees. A must-see for nature lovers.

PENANG DURIAN TOUR

Our Penang Durian Tour will take you on an adventurous journey into private durian orchards in Balik Pulau. The tour is both educational and fun, where you get to sample the freshest and most delicious durians that have just fallen off the trees, try out the different award-winning Penang durians, and learn more about “the KING of fruits.” Penang Durian Tour also covers other exotic tropical fruit orchards such as nutmeg, ampla (ambula), and more. While in Balik Pulau, you will also take in the spectacular and serene nature, vistas, and scenary, with a stop-over to sample the famous Penang Assam Laksa. All in all, you will have a pleasant and enjoyable time with us.

If you wish to tour Penang with a knowledgeable and friendly local guide for sightseeing, food, nature, culture, or need someone to drive you around, please contact us at rasamalaysia@gmail.com for our tour programs and rates. Rates depend on the number of people in your group or the size of  vehicle used. To check the glowing reviews and testimonials from our previous customers, scroll down to the comments section.

See you in Penang!

1. Pingback:Traditional Coconut Grater | Nyonya Food & Recipes

2. tai tok says:

Hi
    this is Tai

My wife and I (and in-laws) will be visiting Singapore & Malaysia from May 28th – June 19th.

Penang is on our list.

I was from JB. My wife and family are ma-saleh.

Can u please e me with the iternary and costs for a 3-4 days visit.
    i think we will be flying from kl to penang.
    accomodations and land tour.

3. Lynett says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

Just wanted to give my thanks to you for arranging the trip and thank to CK on behalf of the team for his wonderful service and assistance. We totally enjoyed the flexibility of the tour.

Will recommend your tour to my friends. :)

Lynett
    Singapore

4. Siany says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

Thanks for the tour in Penang. We have enjoyed a wonderful
    time in Penang. Best wishes for Rasa Malaysia tour!

Siany & Wei Ren
    Indonesia

5. Byron says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

Please let CK know that that we had a wonderful time with him all day!! The food and sites were great!! We really enjoyed CK and his car. His knowledge on Penang was exceptional! The Food was so tasty where ever he took us!! Thank you so much!

Byron
    Los Angeles

6. Byron & Irene From LA says:

Bee please tell CK that we had a wonderful time with our 12hr tour that consisted of culinary and site seeing. it was basically a 2 day tour combined into one. Thank you for customizing a private tour with in our schedules. The local food was great! Nyonya laksa is the best and the hakka food is to die for!! wish we can bring some back home with us!! CK was very helpful and knowlegable with all aspects of Penang. And since he can speak in many languages, it was easy to communicate with him and understand the culture. This was a great tour package and we will be back again!!!

7. Lee Yee Lian says:

We just came back from a 3 days tour in Penang. We would like to take this opportunity to thanks to our tour guide Mr C.K. Low. He is a wonderful and passionate tour guide which is hard to come by. He has been very helpful and patience throughout the trip. He took us to their local food stalls and markets that we really enjoyed ourselves. So far, he is the best tour guide which we ever met. This has made our Penang experience so special and memorable. We will definitely recommend your services to our friends who plan to visit Penang! Once again, Thank You!!!

Yee Lian
    Singapore

• Yee Lian – thanks so much for your sweet comment about our services. We are so happy that you have enjoyed the tour in Penang. We hope to see you soon. Take care.

CK

8. simplysedap says:

We took a tour with CK as our guide and would like to say thank you. My family and I had a great day as the tour was tailored to the our needs. We enjoyed the sightseeing, food plus the durian orchard. Our compliments to CK who was knowledgeable, gentle and patient which made the tour interesting and relaxing. Good job, CK.

9. Pingback:Sweet Peanut Soup (花生仁汤) | Nyonya Food & Recipes

10. jennifer says:

dear sir、mdm,

we 4 adaut 2kids wants join the penang day tour。 on 2 auguest。
    how much is the prices, and do you have any contact number?
    how about pulau payar, do you have this tour?
    Do you have lankawi package of 3 days?

jennifer

11. Ben Teh Foo Chai says:

Hi,

I’m from Kuala Lumpur and i’ve also wanted to go on a food eating marathon in Penang but in need of some guidance to where to go.
    Most probably I will be visiting Penang in mid July (date to be confirm later)
    There will be only my fiance and myself..we want to try everything local.please tell me what kind of tours to you have to offer?
    A 9 hour tour seems too hectic for me…can it be broken into two parts?
    Two days?A speedy reply would be most appreciated.

Yours,

Ben Teh
    KL

12. kathleen says:

We would like to have Penang Durian Tour and food Tour in July…is there any package or Tour in July for 4 – 6 persons?? is the 3 days tour enough to cover visiting of the Durian or food tour? please
    list the itenery for us… tons of thanks

13. Pingback:A Weekend In Penang « Bon Vivant

14. (Sent via email and repost here)

I really have to thank you for helping to coordinate our tour – CK was the perfect guide and we had a great time! Can’t wait to go back!

Bon Vivant
    San Francisco/Singapore

15. Jane Lim says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

Thanks for all your kind arrangement. We have a wonderful time in Penang!

Jane, Singapore

16. HoonKheng Tan says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

Hi Bee and CK Low,

We enjoyed very much on our recent trip to Penang. Your tour guide was very good, explained very well, and take good care of our old folks. I will recommend Rasa Malaysia to all my friends and I already posted it on my Facebook.

HoonKheng, Singapore

17. Mei Parker says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

Got back a couple of hours ago from the tour with CK. I am so glad we did it. :) CK is such a great guide and a wonderful person. He was very informative and helpful. We had a GREAT day with him and would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Mei Parker, USA

18. Betty Yong says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

Please thank CK Low for bringing us around during our stay in Penang on 23rd June. My husband and I enjoy the sights and sound and of course the durians.

Betty Yong
    Singapore

19. Sweelin says:

I just wanted to say “Thank You!” to CK for arranging such a wonderful tour for us. We really enjoyed meeting CK and seeing the island with him. I got to eat some durians at Balik Pulau so was very happy! Please pass on our thanks to CK.

Sweelin
    USA

20. Jayaraman says:

I am back to my office work today after touring in Malaysia! The trip we had in Penang was very fine! Your guide was very cooperative & adjusting with our requests / requirements! Thanks a lot again & we will look forward such tours in Malaysia with your services in near future!

Jayaraman
    Brunei

21. James Chan says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

Just wanted to say thank you for showing me around beautiful Penang.

I had a really enjoyable time.

James

22. Linda Chan says:

Thank you for arranging the wonderful trip with CK. Our group enjoyed the trip very much. This is our first trip to Penang, the guide has made it a memorable trip to us. He has brought us around Penang. He is being a cooperative, flexible, knowledgeable and friendly tour guide.Thank you very much. We will highly recommend your tour to our friends.

Linda Chan
    Singapore

23. Lynne and David Lumsden says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

Hello CK,

We would like you to know we really enjoyed our personalised tour of Penang on Wednesday July 28. We will recommend your company, and have already given details to another person.

Regards,

Lynne and David Lumsden

24. Marie says:

Used to go to Penang every year as a child.. There is a cafe called “The Poker Cafe” on Batu Ferringhi beach, just behind the Shangra-La Golden Sands hotel. THE BEST food from what i remember. and SO cheap!! I LOVE PENANG!!!

25. Ros Paterson says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

On behalf of the four of us, the Duggans of Hong Kong and the Patersons of South Australia we would like to congratulate your company on providing us with such a good and obliging driver and guide on Sunday 8th August, who happily altered the itinerary to enable us to see the things that mattered to us. The guide was solicitious of my well being, helped me into and out of the car, made sure that we had a nice meal, found us in the crowd at lunchtime, never put us in danger of traffic snarls or parking hassles. Both Neil and I had very bad chest infections and so were not able to venture far at some stops. Your guide was indeed a real gentleman and we appreciated his knowledge and interest in us.

Ros Paterson
    South Australia

26. Esther & family says:

Hi CK,

We have been back from Penang almost 3 weeks, I must say thank you for taking us around Penang, although it was only 1 day, we did enjoy the trip very much, espcially the Nyonya Food, and the trip in China town, Little India, etc…all these beautiful places which brought us a good memories, your guide is a gentleman and a good tourist guide too, I shall introduce your services to my friends next time, so all the best to you and to Cheong………..Esther & family.

27. etsuko says:

Hello.
    I am going to penang on Oct.29 and staying there for one week. I am thinking about one or two days tour. Maybe full day and night tour.
    Please let me know places you go for”3.Day & night tour” and how much you charge? And I am on my own. Is there minimum number of people for the tour?

The place I’d like to go and do;
    Penang Hill
    Kek Lok Si Temple
    Fort Cornwallis
    Wet market
    Kampung Seronok
    trying Balik Pulau Laksa
    Penang street food (hawker food) experience
    Penang Spice Garden
    Penang floating village of Chew Jetty
    Georgetown UNESCO Heritage Walking
    Night market

If there is more time ;
    Tropical fruit farm and waterfall hike
    Balik Pulau tour and scenic view
    Trying“ikan bakar”.
    Botanical Garden
    National Park
    Jusco
    Ferry cross the water from butterworth to penang

28. Idah says:

HI

Would like to thank you for the wonderful tour around Penang…… We enjoyed our holiday there…… will recommend ur service to the others…… 2 thumbs up……..

29. Nazri says:

Myself & my family will be heading to Penang during the soon to come school holidays, we are thinking of taking your tours for 2 days. However before we proceed, I have a few questions to ask ; Is your Private Tour a legal tour and are your company a member of MATTA ?

The reason I ask is in Penang there are dozen of SAPU TOURS using normal car to ferry customer around and it is so risky and dangerous.

30. Denise Leung says:

We just came back from our little holiday and want to thank you for the fabulous tour which you provided for us. Our guide is so lovely, patient, super knowledgeable and fantastic with little ones. He’s gone above and beyond any expectations (he even dropped our laundry off to the laundromat for us!). It was two long working days for him, but for me, it was 2 unforgetables days of Penang. Fabulous food, friendly people. We’ll be back for sure!
    Denise – Sydney, Australia

31. Joanne Ricby says:

Rasa Malaysia, thank you for a job well done ! This is our 3rd time in this beautiful island called “Penang” and we are very pleased and happy with the ground tour we took with your company on 14th & 16th Oct.2010.
    Thanks for providing us with a very knowledgeable and service friendly driver cum guide. We will be back in 2011.

32. Liz Hong says:

Dear Bee and CK,

Thank you for assigning us to your wonderful guide. He went above and beyond as a driver and tour guide for my husband and me. Having him with us during our visit to Penang made our holiday extra special. On one of our touring days with him, we asked to be dropped off at a hawker center for dinner even though it was raining rather heavily that evening. We happily ate hot bowls of noodles in soup in the covered area of the center, but dreaded going back to the car because we saw from afar that our path back to the car had become flooded. When we were almost done with our meal, the guide showed up to our table with a large umbrella! And he kindly walked us to where he had reparked the car to an elevated area! We were surprised by his thoughtfulness to keep us as dry as possible. He’s a really sweet person. Please let him know that we appreciated his enthusiasm to guide and assist us. Thanks so much.

Cheers,

Liz and Simon

33. Ms.Lee says:

Hi,

I am staying in KL but my mum is in Penang. I am interested to know more about Penang like a local does. Do u do pick up from residential?
    There will be me, a 12years old and a 6 years old boys.
    Prefer the peranakan heritage, the reclining buddha, the unesco.
    Please quote for a 2 days tour.

Thanks
    regards,
    lee

34. Ms.Lee says:

Hi,
    I forgot to add that i don’t want to include kek lok si temple and penang hill and the wet market .

regards,
    lee

35. Jenny Orillos says:

Hi CK,

My sister and I would like to thank you very much for being such a kind and accommodating guide yesterday. It helped us appreciate Penang more because of the stories you’ve shared with us.

Most of all, I’m glad to have traveled all the way to Penang because the eating places where you brought us served the best food I’ve ever tasted.

I go back home with great stories to tell and hope that more people will come to Penang and feel the heart and soul of the island.

We wish you success always in your tours.

Regards,
    Jenny Orillos
    Manila, Philippines

36. Patty Unterman says:

(Sent via email and repost here)

CK’s three day exploration of George Town and the island of Penang satisfied all my culinary and cultural yearnings. Penang is a dreamy place for eaters like me and CK got me right to where I wanted to be–at the table, on sidewalks, in stalls, on the beach and in restaurants.

Patricia Unterman
    Food Writer, San Francisco Examiner and author of the second edition of the “San Francisco Food Lovers’ Pocket Guide.”

37. YL says:

Thanks for bringing us around during our 3 days in Penang. Very accomodating and friendly. Thanks CK!

regards,

YL from Singapore

38. Eric says:

i travel around 3 time in penang, but i very miss the penang food, especially the Asam Laksa. Thanks for showing us beautiful Penang.

39. Richard & Jessie says:

Dear Bee & CK,

We post this comment cos’ we are happy with all the arrangements, the full day tour we took plus the friendly driver we had do really makes our tour wonderfull.

We must say that you all are fantastic and fantastic peoples does fantastic things for their guests. Keep it up…..!

Richard & Jessie

40. sharon says:

hi, how can i enroll in the trip? is there like a customised foodtrip??

41. Rachel Pang says:

Hi

My hubby and I will be visiting Penang in this coming August from Singapore. We came across your website and we would like to enquire the itinerary and price for tours below:

PENANG PRIVATE TOUR
    PENANG PERANAKAN CULTURE AND NYONYA FOOD TOUR
    PENANG CULINARY TOUR

Thank you very much.

42. Lili says:

Dear CK,
    It’s been awhile since my parents trip to Penang, thank you so much to make their trips so enjoyable, they have zero complaints about everything and enjoys everthing in Penang
    And they are very satisfy with all the hospitality and great friendly feelings all the time with your tourguide
    I have no doubt to recomend this tour to everyone who plan to visit Penang
    Wish you well and keep up the good things.

43. Meilan says:

i’d love to get one of those tours!
    is it possible to get 2 days tour only instead of 3 days?

44. Gloria says:

Dear CK,

Thank you so much for being our tour guide and we did enjoy a great Round-the-island Private Tour & tasted different delicious local food / fruits (esp. the freshest durian) in Penang.

Impressed me much was your wonderful hospitality and always willing to offer us your warm helping hands. After our day tour, I knew you had another night job, but you still kept a close contact with us and immediately e-mailed me your recommendations on those local restaurants / foodstalls for yummy dishes when you went back home.

My heartful thanks for your accpmpany, perfect arrangement and kind assistance. I have no hesistation to recommend your services to my friends and everyone who plans to visit Penang :D

For sure, next time when I visit Penang, I will join you private tour again. Hope to meet u very soon ^_^

Gloria

45. Evie says:

I have just arrived back in LA and want to thank you for the fantastic arrangement during our recent visit to Penang.

Your guide is a terrific driver / tour guide – extremely polite, patient, always on time & he spoke “Hokkien Wah” too.

We enjoyed the trip to Feringhi for durian, Pulau Tikus Market for various spices & salted fish, kitchen gadget shops where I bought “Ang Ku Kueh” & “Slad Popiah” molds. We also visited the home where they filmed “Little Nyonya” series. We had some familiar food (my grandma is from Penang) – Chendol, Asam Laksa, Char Hor Fun, Char Kwei tiau, Hey Mie, Oyster omelette, etc, etc. Hard to believe we consumed so much in just a 3 days… I am drooling while writing about it now.

We especially enjoyed the trip to Feringhi for Durian, the durian was so yummy, we also bought dozens of ” Durian Kueh” for friends in Singapore & LA.

All in all it was a memorable weekend in Penang & I have recommended your Tour to my friends & family; we’ll surely contact you again the next time we visit Penang.

Evie M
    Los Angeles, USA

46. Toh says:

Hi CK,

We are back to Singapore already.

Very big thank you for the arrangement and we have an enjoyable trip & tasted the famous Penang foods around!

Your service is very patient, friendly & knowledgeable. Thumbs up for the service!

Warmest Regards,
    Toh
    S’pore

47. Lisa and David Blumberg says:

A big thank you to C.K. from Lisa and David Blumberg for his warm, thoughtful, engaging and utterly delicious tour of Penang. We had a great and instructive time with him.

Lisa & David Blumberg,
    Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

48. Man Lam says:

Hi CK,

We are back to HK for a week and already missing all wonderful things in Penang~~
    Thank you so much for your arrangement and many thanks to driver/guide – Alex, he is very very helpful and friendly, he never late when picked up us and took care us very carefully, we had a great and enjoyable trip in Penang, we have no doubt to recomend this tour to everyone who plan to visit Penang. Keep it up ^^

Man

49. Chaminda Perera says:

HI CK,
    Just returned from our holiday today. Just to let you know that those two days we spent with you will always be cherished. My Son took a great liking towards you and I guess you probably get that a lot from other children that join your tours. I can now understand why so many people who have joined your tours speak with great fondness of you here. We will always remember you with great fondness. The great tour of Penang you showed us will always have a lasting impression. Your a true Gentleman and a Scholar. All the Best and may our lives again someday cross each other again.

A friend for life
    Chaminda & Dylan

50. Sent via email.

Thanks for the 1.5 days Tour in Penang. My friend and I were really enjoying it very much. KB is patient in waiting for us as we spent times in some places of interest Also, he is good in recommending and bringing us to taste the local food. I would strongly recommend your company service to my friends or colleagues.

Sze Boon, Singapore