Banana Nut Muffins Recipe http://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-banana-nut-muffins/
September 25th, 2007 63 Comments

Banana Nut Muffins Recipe

Banana Nut Muffins
Banana Nut Muffins pictures (4 of 7)

I am not much of a baker, but I love baking banana nut muffins that perfumed my house with the sweet aroma of bananas and the unmistakably something-is-baking buttery fragrance. Banana nut muffins are probably one of the most popular muffins–not to mention utterly delicious.

My banana nut muffins recipe is adapted from Food Network. It’s really simple and non-baker friendly. Try this easy banana muffins recipe because it’s great waking up in the morning and smell the banana nut muffins…

If you have any questions about how to make banana nut muffins or the banana nut muffins recipe, please drop me a comment.

If you like bananas, you will have to check out my banana bread/banana cake recipe.

Click Page 2 for the Banana Nut Muffins Recipe Recipe

1. marriedtoadesi.com says:

Beautiful Pictures. I love the presentation in the basket. Yes, baking is a great way to rid of the strong smells of Asian Food. I usually burn all kinds of candles and aromatic oils. But its tough, especially in a small place. Great blog!

2. Apa itu says:

You and David Lebovitz driving us bananas?

3. Mandy says:

wow, the first photo is really nice! I just woke up. Can I have one for breakfast please?

4. Dwiana P says:

One of my fav breakfast banana muffin. I have been trying some of recipe but it doesn’t satisfy me, thanks for sharing and I might going to try this recipe.

5. Suganya says:

Ah! Finally something I know.

6. Homesick Texan says:

I’ve just been sprizing vinegar to get rid of lingering odors, but I like your idea much, much better! (Much tastier, too!)

7. BuddingCook says:

you are the budding baker!

8. Lydia says:

Hah! I usually bake something with cinnamon and apples after I make a stink in the kitchen. Most of the time it works, too!

9. bea at La tartine gourmande says:

oh, keep one, no two for me! Yum! Lovely pictures!

10. Dee says:

love the banana nut muffins… I like the idea of banana being baked

11. K & S says:

I love banana muffins…This sounds like the same recipe that I use.

12. Cynthia says:

What? What? I only took one. Geeeese! :)

13. Jackson says:

Oohhh…. im drooling over it! How great if i can get this for my breakfast now

14. Kevin says:

Baking with bananas is always nice. The photos look great.

15. wmw says:

Is it also time to clear your fridge again soon??? ;o)

16. babe_kl says:

mmm looks yummy. i think my first time seeing baked goods here haha, keep it up :D

17. aria says:

oh thanks rasa for the mufins! how did you know i love them so?
    haha yes baking always gets the stinky out. the stinky is just so good though, nyam nyam…

18. New Kid on the Blog says:

slurp slurp… i always like banana muffins….

19. YOYO's FOOD says:

喜欢muffin的味道,简单又醇香~

Rasa这个有这么一筐,俺就不客气的拿两个当下午差咯^^

20. YOYO's FOOD says:

下午茶下午茶^^

21. Amy says:

Lol! Hurray for baking, I bet these made the house smell wonderful in no time. I love your basket too!

Recently I made something out of bananas too, and with peanut butter, but not to hide those “dead animals”. :P …After cooking with stinky ingredients, I opt for the easier way of Glade…just spray loh! LOL!

23. Claude-Olivier says:

The basket and the first picture….no comment, it’s too nice! I like muffins too, and to cook them. It smells so good as you explained. Un immense bravo ^^! cheers

24. Piggy says:

Love the first pic! Can I have one, please? ;-)

25. veron says:

I love banana anything baked goods!That is an absolutely great idea…maybe i could cook something with shrimp paste after all without the hubby noticing….

26. Cindy. Lo. says:

Ahhh I heart* anything made with banana~!
    They looked soooo good!

27. WokandSpoon says:

I love banana anything and everything. Banana cake, muffins, smoothies! Your muffins look fantastic in that basket. So “country”! ;-)

28. Marvin says:

Ha! What a great idea to bake after stinking up the joint with our SE Asian ingredients! I just wish I knew how to bake.

29. Timothy Low says:

As the screen opens up to your page, I thought I’ve logged onto the wrong page. You photos are sooooooo .. magazine quality. Gosh …. you get better by the day !!!!

30. Mandira says:

gorgeous pictures, the muffins look fabulous. I am hosting JFI:Banana this month. You can send this entry to me at: Ahaarmail@gmail.com

31. Brilynn says:

Cinnamon buns are the best baked good to cover up any smell…

32. elmomonster says:

Did the neighbors seriously do that?! That’s both funny *AND* disturbing!

33. daphne says:

how can those dishes be stinky?

lovely presentation. They look so yummy. Bet they are gone in a flash!

34. rokh says:

yum, i would certainly love to bake in the morning if i have the chance :)

35. joey says:

Those look just fabulous! I love banana bread and banana muffins and yours look perfect :) You are absolutely right about the smell :)

36. UnkaLeong says:

Please update address and send care package c/o Unkaleong @ Damansara Jaya… Hahha *hugs

37. Tummythoz says:

*Stirring a cup of hot kopi-o-kau conjuring image biting into these*

38. Lemongrass says:

Nice capture!

39. Teesa says:

They sure look good! I’ll definitely get my regular doses of those aromatic namely belachan (but pungent at the same time) smells as my neighbours cook them every week!!!

40. sognatrice says:

They look delicious, but what I like best here is your tip on getting rid of the pungent cooking smells–very smart!

Thanks for visiting my place; I’ll be subscribing here now :)

41. lucia says:

whoo! i like muffin. think i would have love this since there is nut (the other stuff i love very much like prawns)… and also banana, which i like as flavour/ingredient but don’t really like the fruit itself.

42. Sylvia says:

My husband and I love banana muffins,and yours looks yummy…

43. foodette says:

Hey, thanks for your comment on my site! Yours is great, too – and I love banana muffins – yours look delish!

44. Anali says:

What a gorgeous blog you have here! Thanks for dropping by mine!

I love banana muffins too and the smell is wonderful! The smell is one of the best things about baking!

And I see from your profile, that you are a fellow Virgo, so I hope you had a happy birthday! ; )

45. Kate says:

Rasa that is really beautiful presentation. Makes you just want to reach out and grab one…actually a couple of them :p

46. Rasa Malaysia says:

MarriedtoDesi – yeah, the problem of Asian cooking in western-style homes. ;)

Apa Itu – Great cooking minds think alike.

Mandy – thanks. I love the first pic too. Help yourself!

Dwiana – I love this recipe. I tried the other one and didn’t like it either, but this is a keeper.

Suganya – LOL. Something common that everyone knows!

Homesick Texan – yep and it’s a guilty pleasure…like what can I do, my house stinks, I have to BAKE! LOL.

Budding Cook – you bet.

Lydia – cinnamon and apples…sounds like a great idea.

Bea – thank you. :)

Dee – Bananas are just great.

K&S – cool. I love this recipe. :)

47. Rasa Malaysia says:

Cynthia – you can have everything, just click and eat. LOL.

Jackson – Muffins are not common as breakfast in Malaysia, but we can start a trend. hehe.

Kevin – thanks for your compliment about my pics.

WMW – yeah, almost time to clean my fridge, hehe.

Babe – I’d baked before, but yeah, not often. LOL.

Aria – yeah, don’t get me wrong. I love stinky, I can’t imagine not eating stinky foods. Whahaha.

New Kid on the Blog – What’s there not to like about muffins. Too good. :)

Yoyo – 不客气。多吃,哈哈。

Amy – yeah, my house doesn’t stink anymore. I like my basket too. :)

Tiga – the problem with Glade is that sometimes the stinky smell still lingers and mix with Glade…it’s make me nauseous. LOL.

Claude – I love the first picture too, that’s why it’s the first picture. You bake much better than me…Claude. :)

Piggy – help yourself with the basket…haha.

48. Rasa Malaysia says:

Veron – trust me, you can make like a stinky dish, and then immediately bake up something, your husband won’t even notice! Whahaha, and I won’t tell him. :P

Cindy – I heart baked goods too, they are so pretty and so much easier to shoot. :)

WokandSpoon – ooooh, banana smoothies…now I need to head out to Jamba Juice ASAP!

Marvin – I am not a baker, but it’s not that hard. Just follow my recipe step-by-step and you will be a baker pronto! :)

Timothy – awww, thanks so much. Baked goods are so much easier to shoot, so it’s not that my skills have gotten better…haha. ;)

Mandira – OK, I will submit my post to your event. Thanks for telling me!

Brilynn – Cool, thanks for telling me.

Elmo – LOL. Not true, just to make my post funnier, but I did get an HOA notice last week that my neighbors complained because my trash stunk up the whole neighborhood because I ate too much seafood. Whahahaha. :P

Daphne – you have no idea…those dishes do leave a pungent after-cooking smell. It does strap in the house, especially my carpet. LOL.

Rokh – yeah, especially over the weekend. Just nice to sip coffee with your own freshly baked goods. :)

Joey – I was supposed to make banana bread like the one you featured but I don’t have the pan…so I made muffins instead. HAHA.

Unka – OK, have you received my package? Just FEDEX overnight! :P

Tummythoz – right on, extra kau. Yum.

Lemongrass – thanks. :)

Teesa – LOL. Too funny. I guess you are the one who has to bake to get rid of the smells from your neighbors? ;)

Sognatrice – thanks for coming by my site and left a comment. Do check in often.

Lucia – we do love similar foods…cool. :)

Sylvia – thanks…do try my recipe, adapted and simplified. hehe.

Foodette – thanks for popping in. Will check back on your blog often, too. :)

Anali – thanks for your kind comment and welcome to Rasa Malaysia. And thanks for your bday wish, you are too sweet. :)

Kate – help yourself, click and eat. :)

49. Bart says:

Iv never made banana nut muffins before but your banana nut muffins recipe sounds easy enough for me to follow. thanks!

50. Nat says:

Tried this recipe and it turned out great! Thanks to your recipe and photos!!!

Btw, would you happen to know a simple & easy and of course yummy recipe for making pound cake.

Thank you!