Almond Cookies Recipe http://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-butter-cookies-with-sliced_09/
November 09th, 2006 16 Comments

Almond Cookies Recipe

Butter Cookies with Sliced Almonds

As my previous post stated, recently I am hooked on flour-loaded foods; last night, my craving for Carbohydrates hit me once again and the end results were these butter cookies with sliced almonds.

Butter Cookies with Sliced Almonds

Yum.

Now I have to make a little confession–I have never made cookies before–so I make no pretense to be a patissier (I didn’t even know that baking requires baking powder!). Hence, I make no apologies when my creation did not turn out to be perfect 10 (the cookies became a tad too hard the morning after). The butter cookies were still pleasing and irresistable and I savored each biteful slowly, each crumb and crust.

Butter Cookies with Sliced Almonds

As a novice, I did not have my own recipe, but the internet is a massive resource. I found the recipe on About.com and here are the ingredients and method:

Click Page 2 for the Almond Cookies Recipe Recipe

1. Rasa Malaysia says:

Dear readers,

I upgraded to the new Blogger Beta and accidentally deleted my old file of this Cookies post and lost a couple of comments from you. I am very sad. :(

Plus now my “Previous Posts” are messed up as they no longer change dynamically and all my older posts do not show up anymore. And that’s not all, my “Archives” also go to 404 Page Not Found.

I have sent an email to Blogger but the chance of they answering my email is very slim so I am helpless. If you are a whiz kid and use Blogger as your publishing tool, please let me know if you can help.

My email is bee@foreverbee.com.

Thanks,
    Rasa Malaysia

2. Rasa Malaysia says:

So it looks like I fixed the archives issue so now they are pointing to the right place, but my “Previous Posts” still don’t change dynamically like it used to be.

If you know, please help.

3. Chris says:

Again, I wish I could help.

4. Audrey Cooks says:

Oh dear, that is not my forte. I know nothing … sorry Bee Yinn. Hang in there! Hope help will come soon!

5. Teresa says:

Sorry to hear that…I hope you fix the blog problems soon.

On a much lighter note, your cookies look very yummy and seems to be very easy to make. Maybe I will baking them too. :)

6. Rasa Malaysia says:

Testing.

7. Chubbypanda says:

Cookies harden as the fat used in baking them cools. To soften them up again, place on a dry paper towel and microwave for a few seconds. You can also pop them on a piece of foil and toast them for up to a minute in a toaster oven. The softness and just-out-of-the-oven flavor will come right back.

Try not to heat them for too long. You just want to raise their temperature a little, not cook them further.

- Chubbypanda

8. mw says:

Sorry to hear that…let me try to type what I had commented earlier.

For someone baking cookies for the first time, the cookies sure looks good! Success!

9. Rasa Malaysia says:

Chubbypanda,

Thanks for your tips! I will try them the next time I make cookies.

MW – Oh well, I think I fixed most of my problems, but my Previous Posts are still not working. They are fixed at 10 posts and no longer change dynamically. ARGHHHHH!

10. nyonyapearl says:

Hi,

Try it and all the best.

Go to this site and key in your site in waybackmachine. I think the latest archives is until August 2007.But you might write to in for help. Hope all is not lost.

btw, you have a great site! Keep up the good work.

Pearl

11. Aishah says:

I usually just buy them for my kuih raya but now with your almond butter cookies recipe, i can make them myself. Thank you!

12. jashar160 says:

A teaspoon of almond extract would be better in these cookies. I have used a recipe from the ‘Better Homes and Gardens” “Oriental Cookbook” I got rave reviews from friends and family for them. Also;put a dab of white corn syrup on the cookie and then an almond before baking. The syrup keeps the almond from falling off.

13. kolamfs says:

Hi this is kolam for festivals.
    indian festivals cluture..

14. new says:

Thanks for the interffesting information. Subscribe to rss

15. This web-site may be a walk-through its the knowledge you wanted with this and didn’t know who to inquire about. Glimpse here, and you’ll absolutely discover it.

16. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people about this topic, however, you seem like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks