Capellini with Cockle Clams and Lemon Butter Sauce RecipeJuly 21st, 2007Recipes, American Recipes, Recipes, Italian Recipes, Recipes30 Comments
Recipe: Capellini with Cockle Clams and Lemon Butter Sauce
(Serves 2 – 3 people)
2/3 pack capellini (12 oz pack)
1 lb cockle clams
2 small roma tomatoes (diced)
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 stick (6 oz) unsalted butter
Dried parsley flakes
Sweet basil leaves
- Bring water to boil in a pot. Cook the capellini according to the instructions on the package.
- While boiling the capellini, heat up a saute pan and add in the butter.
- As soon as the butter melts, saute the garlic until you start smelling the garlicky aroma (but before they turn brown).
- Add in the diced roma tomatoes and saute for 1 minute.
- Toss in the cockle clams and cover the saute pan and wait for the clams to open.
- Once all clams are open, add lemon juice, salt to the sauce, and toss in the sweet basil leaves (but leave some for garnishing).
- Drain the capellini and transfer to serving plates.
- Top the capellini with the cockle clams and lemon butter sauce.
- Sprinkle dried parsley flakes generously and add the sweet basil leaves before serving.