Masala Turmeric Squid with Coconut Cream RecipeNovember 2nd, 2006Malaysian Food, Recipes20 Comments
Masala Turmeric Squid with Coconut Cream
courtesy of S.
- Cleaned squids (with eyes removed)
- Kaffir lime leaves
- Minced ginger
- Curry Masala Spices (available at Indian stores)
- Tumeric powder (or ground fresh tumeric)
- Your favorite Sambal paste
- Coconut milk/cream
- Marinade squid with curry masala and tumeric powder, set aside.
- Pan fry kaffir lime leaves and ginger until fragrant, put in the pre-marinated squid and fry on both sides until slightly brown.
- Add a table spoon or two table spoons of your favorite sambal paste and coconut milk, let
- Turn heat to low and simmer till all squid are cooked (about 8-10 minutes for 1 lb+ of squid). Do not overcook the squid as they can become pretty tough and rubbery.