Minced Chicken and Pork Rolls/Jijuan Recipe (鸡卷)June 15th, 2007Recipes, Chinese Recipes, Recipes31 Comments
Recipe: Minced Chicken and Pork Rolls (鸡卷)
1/2 lb chicken (chicken breast or chicken thigh)
1/2 lb pork (with a little fat)
1/2 small carrot (shredded)
10 small shrimp (optional)
1 stalk scallion (chopped finely)
Bean curd skin (cut into 6 in. by 6 in. pieces)
1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon Lee Kum Kee chicken bouillon powder
1/2 tablespoon oil
5 dashes white pepper powder
Oil for deep frying
- Mince the chicken and pork meat with a mini food processor or with hand.
- Add shredded carrot, chopped scallion, and all the seasoning into the minced meat and stir-well. Set aside.
- On a dry surface, lay out the bean curd skin. Use a damp cloth to moisten the skin.
- Place 2 – 2.5 tablespoons of minced meat onto the lower center of the bean curd skin. Leave about 1/2 inch on both sides.
- Fold the sides inwards and roll it up. Use some water or the minced meat to seal.
- In a deep fryer or frying wok, add enough cooking oil for frying purposes.
- Once the oil is heated, add in the meat rolls and deep fry to golden brown.
- Dish out and serve immediately with chili garlic sauce or sweet chili sauce.
To learn more about Lor Bak, click here to read Tigerfish’s definition.