Seared Scallops in Spicy Cream Sauce with Buna Shimeji Mushrooms Recipe
Sweet and creamy fresh scallops are served on a bed of lightly sautéd Buna Shimeji mushrooms, and the spicy cream sauce offers a memorable and different twist to this simple concoction.
2 packs of Buna Shimeji Mushrooms (one pack per serving)
6 sea scallops (3 per serving)
1 tablespoon of oil
2 teaspoons of Japanese mirin (sweet glutinous rice wine)
2 tablespoons of butter
Salt to taste
Spicy Cream Sauce
5 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
1 teaspoons of garlic chili sauce
A few drops of lemon juice
A dash of sugar
- 1. Pat the scallops dry and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy nonstick skillet over moderate heat, and sear the scallops for 3-5 minutes until both sides of the scallops turn golden brown. Set aside.
- 3. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and sauté the 2 packs of Buna Shimeji mushrooms lightly. Add 2 teaspoons of mirin and salt to taste and stir well. Dish up the mushrooms in equal proportion onto 2 serving plates.
- 4. Mix all ingredients of the spicy cream sauce in a small bowl.
- 5. Arrange 3 seared scallops on top of the mushrooms on each plate. Add some spicy cream sauce on the plate.
- 6. Garnish with parsley and chopped chives.
Still searching for that perfect recipe to wow your special someone on New Year’s Eve? Find no more as I’ve got a sophisticated (and elegant) recipe which is very easy to prepare and take no more than 30 minutes of cooking time.
These sweet and creamy fresh scallops are served on a bed of lightly sautéd Buna Shimeji mushrooms, and the spicy cream sauce offers a memorable and different twist to this simple concoction.
Pair them with two glasses (or more!) of champagne or your favorite white wine and you have yourself a restaurant style New Year Eve’s dinner.
Now, you just have to find that romantic spot to watch the fireworks.
Happy New Year!