Seared Scallops in Spicy Cream Sauce with Buna Shimeji Mushrooms RecipeDecember 30th, 2006Recipes, American Recipes, Recipes22 Comments
Seared Scallops in Spicy Cream Sauce with Buna Shimeji Mushrooms
2 packs of Buna Shimeji Mushrooms (one pack per serving)
6 sea scallops (3 per serving)
1 tablespoon of oil
2 teaspoons of Japanese mirin (sweet glutinous rice wine)
2 tablespoons of butter
Salt to taste
Spicy Cream Sauce
5 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
1 teaspoons of garlic chili sauce
A few drops of lemon juice
A dash of sugar
- Pat the scallops dry and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy nonstick skillet over moderate heat, and sear the scallops for 3-5 minutes until both sides of the scallops turn golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and sauté the 2 packs of Buna Shimeji mushrooms lightly. Add 2 teaspoons of mirin and salt to taste and stir well. Dish up the mushrooms in equal proportion onto 2 serving plates.
- Mix all ingredients of the spicy cream sauce in a small bowl.
- Arrange 3 seared scallops on top of the mushrooms on each plate. Add some spicy cream sauce on the plate.
- Garnish with parsley and chopped chives.