Stir-fried Pork with Cincaluk Recipe (Heh Ya Kay Char Bak)
and Updates on Facebook Daily!
Recipe: Stir-fried Pork with Cincaluk (Heh Ya Kay Char Bak)
Adapted from Nonya Flavours: A Complete Guide to Penang Straits Chinese Cuisine
2-3 tbsp oil
3 shallots (thinly sliced)
3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
1/2 lb pork fillet (cut into small pieces)
4 teaspoons cincaluk
1 tablespoon tamarind juice
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt to taste
1 red chili (deseeded and cut into small pieces)
1/2 bell pepper/1 green chili (deseeded and cut into small pieces)
1) Heat up the oil in a wok over medium heat to fry the shallots until they turn golden brown and crispy. Dish out and set aside.
2) In the remaining oil, fry the garlic slices until fragrant and just lightly browned. Remove half of the garlic and set aside before adding the cincaluk.
3) Saute the cincaluk until fragrant before adding red chiles and bell peppers.
4) As soon as you smell the aromas of the chiles and peppers, add in the meat. Stir-fry for 30 seconds and add the tamarind juice, sugar, and salt to taste.
5) Continue to stir fry the pork until it’s cooked; dish out onto a serving plate.
Top the stir-fried pork with cincaluk with shallot crisps and fried garlic slices.
You Might Also Like These Recipes Below:
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!