Habeas Brulee and Ramblings from a Gypsy Soul, sorry for procrastinating for so long, I am just terrible at doing memes these days. I mean, look at me, I don’t even reply to my comments timely now. What can I say? I am just tooooo lazy busy!
However, I feel obliged to spotlight the following bloggers–not only do they make me think, they also totally rock my culinary world with their handsome blogs. So, being the goofy me, I am doing something different, I am combining the “Thinking Blogger Award” and “Rockin’ Girl Blogger” into a spanking new “Rockin’ Thinking Girl Blogger Award…”
Anyway, without further ado, I present you the following award-winning blogs/bloggers:
- Piggy’s Cooking Journal – A fellow Malaysia girl who hails from Penang (my hometown), Piggy’s blog, her cooking and baking (yes, she can bake!), and her food photography always had me ogled like a dodo in front of my monitor. Her recipes are both authentic and creative (now, that’s hard); Piggy’s Cooking Journal is a real gem.
- Fresh from the Oven – I really admire and respect people who can bake. Baking takes a lot of patience and it’s not something you can learn by watching your grandmother, mother, or aunt in the kitchen (that’s how I learned my cooking). Mandy bakes, very well. She whips up cakes, cookies, and various baked goods of various shapes and forms, and everything she bakes looks like it came straight out from a Parisian patisserie. She rocks in the baking department, click here to check out what’s fresh from her oven…
- Ilit Kitchen – Another fellow Malaysian from Penang who is a superior home cook. And yes, she can bake, plus she makes her noodles (!!!) from scratch. Her blog is in Chinese and that makes me respect her even more. I mean, cooking is one thing, but being able to type her thoughts and her recipes in Chinese…that’s really something. (I am Chinese-educated, but I type slower than a snail and can’t figure out 75% of Chinese typing.) Visit her kitchen now and see what she is made of. If you can’t read Chinese, no worries as her food photography speaks for itself.
- Lemongrass – Yet another Malaysian girl who is multi-talented. Even though she doesn’t cook as often, when she does, she always blows me away with her gorgeous pictures and creative recipes. Remember my pandan chicken, I stole the idea from her, but hers look much better than mine. Don’t believe it, see it for yourself.
- Yoyo’s Food – Another Chinese blog filled with yummylicious recipes plus colorful and inviting food photography. I discovered Yoyo’s Food recently and now I am hooked. The dishes she makes are sophisticated and simply gorgeous. Again, when it comes to good food, there is no language barrier. Pop in to Yoyo’s Food and check out her creations.
That’s all! Thanks for reading this.