Roti Jala and Malaysian Curry Chicken RecipeMay 31st, 2008Malaysia Guides, Recipes, Malaysian Recipes, Recipes38 Comments
Recipe: Roti Jala “Net Bread” or Malaysian Lacy Pancakes
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour (1/2 lb)
1 1/2 cup low fat milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 tablespoon oil Ghee or butter (to grease the pan)
- Sieve the flour and set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients well together (except the oil) and strain the batter.
- Add in 1/2 tablespoon of oil and set aside.
- Heat up a pan with medium heat and grease it with some butter or ghee.
- Pour some batter into the mold and transfer the mold to the pan.
- As the batter flows through the holes of the mold, make circular rounds around the pan to form the netty patterns. (Refer to the video above.)
- After the top is set and done or when the bottom turns light brown, transfer the Roti Jala out and fold it into triangle shape.
- Arrange a few Roti Jala on a serving plate and add some curry chicken on the side and serve immediately.
Recipe: Malaysian Curry Chicken
1 boneless/skinless chicken breast meat (cut into small cubes)
3 tablespoons Instant Meat Curry Paste
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon coconut milk
1 shallot (diced) 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat up a small pot and add in the oil.
- Saute the diced shallots until light brown.
- Add in the curry paste.
- When it smells aromatic, add in the chicken meat and do a few quick stirs.
- Add in the water and let it boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer the curry for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk and serve hot.