Sate Lilit Bali Recipe
and Updates on Facebook Daily!
Recipe: Sate Lilit Bali
250 grams shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
250 grams mackerel or any firm white flesh fillet
50 grams desiccated coconut
6 pieces kaffir lime leaves (thinly sliced)
2 tablespoons palm sugar (gula jawa)
Red capsicum (tiny cubes for sprinkles)
Bamboo skewers or fresh lemongrass may be used
2 cloves garlic
2 cm galangal or blue ginger
2 cm kencur or lesser galangal
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 cm fresh turmeric
Mince all ingredients until they turn into a smooth paste. DO NOT FRY
1. Mix both fish & shrimp in food processor until smooth. Mix in desicated coconut. Add 3 tablespoons of thick coconut milk.
2. Add processed ingredients, mix well. Add salt & sugar to taste.
3. If the mixture is still too dry, you may add 1 egg white and a bit of olive oil.
4. Shape the mixture on sate sticks/lemongrass stalk, flatten slightly.
5. Charcoal grill sate until light brown and cooked through.
Click Images Below for More Easy & Yummy Recipes:
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!