FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR EASY DELICIOUS RECIPES EVERY DAY!
Shrimp (shelled and deveined, but leave tails on)
Vegetables* of your choice
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup corn flour or rice flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup ice cold water
Oil for deep frying
1. Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the egg slightly and mix with the ice water.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients. Stir only until mixed; mixture will be slightly lumpy.
4. Dip shrimp and *vegetables into the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
5. Fry ingredients a few at a time. Too big a batch may change the temperature of the oil.
6. Drain on paper towels and served immediately.
You can use a variety of vegetables for tempura e.g. pumpkin, sweet potato, broccoli, string beans, yam. Root vegetables should be sliced thinly so it is cooked through.