and Updates on Facebook Daily!
Shrimp (shelled and deveined, but leave tails on)
Vegetables* of your choice
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup corn flour or rice flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup ice cold water
Oil for deep frying
1. Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the egg slightly and mix with the ice water.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients. Stir only until mixed; mixture will be slightly lumpy.
4. Dip shrimp and *vegetables into the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
5. Fry ingredients a few at a time. Too big a batch may change the temperature of the oil.
6. Drain on paper towels and served immediately.
You can use a variety of vegetables for tempura e.g. pumpkin, sweet potato, broccoli, string beans, yam. Root vegetables should be sliced thinly so it is cooked through.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!