Thai Curry Recipe
1 1/2 tablespoon red curry paste (I used Mae Ploy red curry paste)
6 oz. tiger prawns (or shrimps)
6 oz. big scallops
1 kaffir lime leave (cut into fine thin strips)
1 tablespoon oil
2 teaspoons palm sugar
1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
80 ml. coconut milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 onion (sliced) (optional)
5 bird’s eye chilies (optional)
- Heat up a small pot with cooking oil.
- Saute the red curry paste until aromatic.
- Add sliced onions and bird’s eye chilies. (These are optional ingredients hence this step is optional if you don’t use them.)
- Add coconut milk, water, kaffir lime leaves, and bring the curry to boil.
- Add the scallops and prawns into the pot and boil for 1-2 minutes or until the prawns and scallop are cooked. (Make sure not to overcook them).
- Add fish sauce, palm sugar, and stir-continuously for 1o seconds or so, dish out and serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.
- You can use equal portion of chicken to make chicken curry.
- You can also add some other seafood such as calamari and mussels to make seafood curry.
- You can combine both chicken and seafood, for example: this red curry recipe.
- You can also add some vegetables to the curry, for example: long beans, sliced zucchini, and/or carrots.
- You can make a vegetarian version using tofu.