Yaki Udon Recipe
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
4 oz pork, cut into small pieces
5 peeled and deveined shrimp
2 oz cabbage, shredded
1/2 carrot, peeled and cut into matchstick strips
12 oz udon
1 stalk scallion, cut into 2-inch lengths
2 tablespoons Mizkan (Bonito Flavor) Soup Base
1 teaspoon Mizkan Mirin
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in the Seasonings in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Boil the udon noodles per the packet instructions. Make sure not to overcook the udon. Rinse the udon noodles with cold running water, making sure that there is no excess starch clinging to the noodles. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up a wok or skillet with the oil. Add the onion and sauté briefly, follow by the pork and shrimp.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, and stir a few times before adding the udon noodles.
- Add the Seasonings into the wok or skillet, stir continuously to combine well with all the ingredients.
- Add the scallions, stir a few more times, and transfer the yaki udon into a serving bowl.
- Top the yaki udon with some shaved bonito flakes, beni-shoga, and serve immediately.
If you prefer ramen, you can use the same recipe and the Seasoning to make yakisoba for an equally delicious result.