Where in the World to Eat Now? http://rasamalaysia.com/where-in-the-world-to-eat-now/
December 10th, 2006 8 Comments

Where in the World to Eat Now?

Where in the World to Eat Now?Finally, it’s time for Malaysian food to shine!

The editors at Bon Appétit magazine take notice of Malaysian cuisine and feature Malaysia as one of the three emerging hot spots for foodie travelers in the January 2007 issue of the magazine. Here are the excerpts of the article:

MALAYSIA

WHY:Because with top chefs like Jean-Georges Vongerichten citing this Southeast Asian country as a culinary influence, it’s time to experience its heady mix of Malay, India, and Chinese food firsthand.

TOP SPOT: Try one of Kuala Lumpur’s sprawling markets, such as Petaling Street or Central Market, for a street food extravaganza.

Well, it’s about time to head out to a Malaysian restaurant near you, or better still, pack up and go visit Malaysia soon. Satisfaction guaranteed, I promise.

Related Article:

Learn more about Malaysian food:

Note: The other two emerging hot spots are Rural Spain and Moscow & St. Petersburg.

Click Images Below for More Easy & Yummy Recipes:

1. Chris says:

Well, well, well
    It’s time to change the slogan to “makan-makan malaysia” instead of “cuti-cuti malaysia” =)

2. Dr ve Thru says:

Great article, will come back and read more of your links. Sadly, in UK, Malaysian food is still scarce and lack of good ingredients.

3. team bSG says:

Actually I am personally v disappointed with Malaysian tourism/& other should-be-involved officials, who seem to be more interested( sounds familiar?) in bringing foreign replicas/attractions/whathaveyous into Malaysia rather than promoting indigenous & proudworthy Malaysian things outbound . Its their real backward ( or maybe something else?…again… ) mentality

So now other people notice, well better late than never !

So RM, where do u come in ? Now you have no choice already….

4. bayi & ssk says:

High time, I say.

5. Rasa Malaysia says:

Chris – Yes, I agree. Tourism Malaysia should really focus on food as a “hook” to drive foreign tourists.

Dr. Ve Thru – I hear you. I think in the US, Malaysian restaurants are just starting to take off in big cities like NYC, San Francisco, and LA. Even that, most Malaysian restaurants are not very good (except those in NYC). :(

BSG – You know what, I think I will be great for Malaysia Tourism Board. They should hire me as a “spokesperson” or “ambassador” to promote Malaysian food and tourism in foreign countries (that would be my dream job!). I will be very good at it. (Hello MTB, do you hear me?)

I think the biggest problem of MTB is that they are marketing the wrong things about Malaysia. They should really focus on what makes Malaysia truly unique and “ticks,” for example: food, multi-cultural structure, heritage, nature, and such.

Bayi & SSK – we need more food bloggers to write about Malaysian food and travel bloggers to write more about tourism Malaysia, and hopefully more publications and newspapers to take notice of Malaysia. :)

6. babe_kl says:

MTB sucks big time i tell you! the recent concluded so called KL international busker festival was organised by, i think the MTB… the irony is those msian buskers you seen at central market or chinatown area were not recognised at all… DBKL (cityhall) will chase them away!!!

Howdy, there are two Malaysian Restaurants I’ve tried in Silicon Valley, California…it’s good. But then again, I was never in Malaysia long enough to savour all the authentic good food.

Examples of good Malaysian food in Northern California

8. Rasa Malaysia says:

Babe – I hear you. All I hope is Visit Malaysia Year 2007 will be a huge success regardless.

Tigerfish – The Hokkien Prawn Mee look very authentic…I am happy that you found some decent eats up there. Another Malaysian restaurant you want to try out is Layang Layang.