What are Cheesecake Bars?
Though these Berry Cheesecake Bars require the oven, it spends 3 hours in the refrigerator to set up and becomes a creamy treat.
The lemon juice and zest are a must – it balances out the tartness of the raspberries and enhances the blueberry flavor.
Plus, it’s an essential summer ingredient that brightens up any recipe.
Ingredients for Cheesecake Bars
- Graham Crackers
- Lemon zest
- Cream cheese
- Remember to use room temperature cream cheese, as chilled cream cheese results in a lumpy batter.
- If you are short on time, place the cheese in a microwave-safe dish and heat for approximately 30 seconds, just until soft.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do cheesecake bars last?
Cheesecake lasts up to 5 days in the fridge. You should keep it in a tight container for best results, or freeze it.
Can cheesecake sit out?
Cheesecake should not be left at room temperature for more than 6 hours.
How many calories?
This recipe has 272 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This dish is best served as dessert. For a great summer party, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Berry Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Berry Cheesecake Bars - a sweet and delicious dessert topped with fresh berries. Perfect for the summertime and comes together easily!
- 2 tablespoons sugar (25 g)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (0.625 mL)
- 9 sheets graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (60 g)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (450 g)
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 g)
- 3/4 cups fresh blueberries (110 g)
- 3/4 cups raspberries (110 g)
1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhang.
3Process all the crust ingredients in a blender or food processor until it looks sandy. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and pat gently to create an even layer. Bake the crust for 12 minutes; then transfer to a rack to cool.
4Mix the cream cheese, eggs, lemon zest and juice and sugar in a blender or food processor. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and top with berries.
5Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool completely and then refrigerate for 3 hours. Use the parchment to lift the cheesecake from the pan, slice and serve.
For a cleaner cut, freeze the dessert slightly before slicing.