I’ve been feeling unwell since Monday and lost much of my appetite. My severe headache is killing me, my throat is scratchy, I have blocked nose and can’t breathe. Arrrghhh!
Luckily this bowl of steaming hot beehoon/vermicelli soup came to my rescue. Unlike my mother’s common belief that porridge/congee has magic healing power when one is sick, I opted for this dish instead.
Ill or healthy, I’ve got to have my shrimp fix. A couple of head-on shrimps, a few dried shitake mushrooms, some fish balls plus the ultimate chili soy sauce, I think I am already feeling better.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 19 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 serving of vermicelli, soak in hot water
- 1 can (14oz. /400 g) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 2-3 shrimps
- 3 dried Shiitake mushrooms, soak in hot water, remove the stems, and cut into quarter's
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 fish balls
- 1 stalk scallion, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 dash white pepper powder
- 3 drops sesame oil
- Heat up the wok with some cooking oil and stir-fry the chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in the can of chicken broth and water and bring the soup to boil. Add in the shrimps, fish balls, and vermicelli. As soon as the shrimps and vermicelli are cooked, add in the seasoning, dish up and serve hot.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 19Unsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 7mgSodium 300mgCarbohydrates 1gProtein 1g