There is a lot to look forward to in February; it’s the shortest month of the year but it’s packed with fun.
The big game falls on February 5, which is just a few days away.
This year, I will be hosting a Big Game Party and I have decided to go with sausages this year.
This Honey Barbecue Sausage Bites recipe is just perfect for the occasion.
Other Recipes You Might Like
When it comes to sausages, my top choice is Johnsonville Sausage.
These 3-ingredient Honey Barbecue Sausage Bites are utterly delicious and takes only 20 minutes to make!
They are perfect for the Big Game, so easy to make yet a crowd pleaser. What’s more, there are no plates and serving wares to wash; just use disposable toothpicks and everyone will have so much fun watching the game and eating!
I chose Johnsonville Brats for this recipe.
I have tried many brands before but hands down, Johnsonville Original Brats is my favorite.
They are great for grilling but also good on the stove top.
I cooked it on the skillet, sliced them into bite-sized pieces and then cooked with barbecue sauce and honey.
If you love sausages, you should check out Johnsonville’s new online reality show, The Sausage Dome.
It’s a cooking competition for sausage loving contestants present their sausage-based Big Game recipes.
Visit SausageDome.com to find out which recipe won the Sausage Dome.
You can also find other game-day sausage recipes on the site. Enjoy the Big Game this weekend!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 86 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 pack (19 oz.) Johnsonville Brats Original
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- chopped parsley, for garnishing
- white sesame, for garnishing
- Add the oil to a skillet, on medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often. Reduce heat to low. Add 1/2 cup water to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the inside is cooked through. Slice the sausage to bite-sized pieces.
- Clean the skillet and turn on medium heat. Add the sausage, barbecue sauce, honey and remaining water. Cook the sausage, stirring continuously, until the sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat, garnish with the parsley and white sesame, serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 86Total Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 273mgCarbohydrates 19gSugar 17g