Raisin Butter Cake
Raisin Butter Cake, rich, buttery, and so yummy!
Raisin Butter Cake Recipe
Makes 3 mini loaves
Adapted from Food-4Tots
2 and 1/3 stick (250g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
7 oz (200g) plain flour/all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
7 oz (200g) castor sugar
½ tsp salt
4 tablespoons fresh milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 cup raisins + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (mix together)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly grease the pan with some butter.
3. Mix the flour and the baking powder together and sieve. Add in salt and mix well. Set aside.
4. Use an electronic beater to mix butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color. (Note: Sugar has not dissolved yet).
5. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy.
6. Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
7. Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
8. Fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well.
9. Finally, add in the milk and fold in the raisins. Mix well.
10. Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute cake mixture evenly.
11. Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 40 minutes. Use a cake tester to test if it’s cooked.
12. Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.