This my lemon chiffon cake. I love the lemony essence and the pillowy soft texture of this chiffon cake.
Other than lemon flavor, I also love coffee and pandan (screwpine leaf) chiffon cake.
What kind of chiffon cake do you like?
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 494 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 7 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lemons zest (grated)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (162°C). In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center; add the water, egg yolks, oil, lemon zest and vanilla. Whisk the dry ingredients into the yolk mixture until the batter is blended and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the egg whites and the cream of tartar at medium-low speed until foamy. Gradually increase the speed to high and beat the whites until stiff (but not dry) peaks form.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the beaten whites into the batter with a rubber spatula, just until blended. Fold in the remaining whites just until combined. Pour the batter into an ungreased tube pan or bundt pan. (I used a bundt pan because I don't have a tube pan).
- Bake 1 hour, or until the top springs back when lightly touched with a fingertip and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.