This my lemon chiffon cake. I love the lemony essence and the pillowy soft texture of this chiffon cake.
Other than lemon flavor, I also love coffee and pandan (screwpine leaf) chiffon cake.
What kind of chiffon cake do you like?
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 494 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 7 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lemons zest, grated
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (162°C). In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center; add the water, egg yolks, oil, lemon zest and vanilla. Whisk the dry ingredients into the yolk mixture until the batter is blended and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the egg whites and the cream of tartar at medium-low speed until foamy. Gradually increase the speed to high and beat the whites until stiff (but not dry) peaks form. Gently fold 1/3 of the beaten whites into the batter with a rubber spatula just until blended. Fold in the remaining whites just until combined. Pour the batter into an ungreased tube pan or bundt pan. (I used bundt pan because I don't have a tube pan).
- Bake 1 hour, or until the top springs back when lightly touched with a fingertip and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 494Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 25gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 341mgSodium 702mgCarbohydrates 125gFiber 2gSugar 75gProtein 18g