I am starting a new series of recipes for the busy bees who do not have all the sweet time in the world to cook up a storm in the kitchen on a daily basis.
I, for one, do not have the luxury to cook something elaborate each day. Just like many of you, I have a day job to tend to, endless chores to run, heaps of dirty laundry to wash, and let’s not forget the mundane cleaning tasks (no, I do not have a maid!).
Shrimp and Green Beans Curry Recipe
Shrimp and Green Beans Curry Recipe: I am starting a new series of recipes for the busy bees who do not have all the sweet time in the world to cook up a storm in the kitchen on a daily basis.
- 1/2 lb. shrimps
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 can coconut milk (5.6 oz)
- Salt to taste/ fish sauce, to taste
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, cut into tiny and thin strips
- 8-10 green beans, cut into 3-inch strips
- 3 bird's eyes chilies, pounded
Heat up your wok with some cooking oil. Stir-fry the sliced shallots until fragant; add in the red curry paste, shrimps and quickly stir before adding the coconut milk and water. Bring to boil and add in the green beans, kaffir lime leaves, bird's eye chilies, and salt (or fish sauce) to taste. Cook for another 1 minute. Serve hot with steamed white rice.
- I like my shrimps with the shells on (but without the heads) when I cook curry. If you prefer your shrimps shelled and deveined, this recipe will work just fine.
- For red curry paste, Rasa Malaysia recommends Maesri brand from Thailand.
- For coconut milk, Rasa Malaysia recommends Chaokoh brand from Thailand.