February is National Canned Food Month and I wanted to show you how to make a quick and easy weeknight meal using canned food.
I am sure everyone has all sorts of canned food in your pantry and I am going to show you how to stock up your “cantry” so weeknight dinner is always a breeze.
This spam spaghetti is one of the easiest pasta dishes you can make at home. It calls for very simple ingredients that most people have in your pantry.
My 5-year old pre-schooler loves SPAM and pasta; this recipe combine two of his favorite foods into one dish!
I got a can of SPAM, Hunts Pasta Sauce and Hunts Whole Peeled Plump Tomatoes at my neighborhood Albertsons in Cypress Village. I absolutely love the whole peeled tomatoes in a can.
It’s the one of the best ways to get tomatoes from farm to table. The plump tomatoes are at the peak of ripeness just hours after picking, plus they give extra flavors to all my pasta dishes.
This recipe takes only about 20 minutes from prep to dinner table. Cans cut down significant prep time and weeknight dinner is quick and easy.
Another plus, canned food is half the cost of frozen food and 15 – 20% less than fresh ingredients. Head out to your neighborhood Albertsons and get cooking!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 474 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 6 oz. (170 g) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz. (170 g) spam, cut into small cubes
- 6 oz. (170 g) canned whole peeled plump tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 ½ cups pasta sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- chopped parsley, for garnishing
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drained.
- Heat up a skillet with the olive oil. Saute the garlic, add the spam and cook until slightly browned on the surface. Add the tomatoes and pasta sauce. Transfer the spaghetti into the skillet, add salt and sugar, stir to combine well. Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 474Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 10gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 60mgSodium 2173mgCarbohydrates 82gFiber 6gSugar 13gProtein 25g