I am not done with my lobster. I told you I had three recipes to share, and I haven’t forgotten about it. As a matter of fact, I was giving you guys a break–I don’t want you to have a cholesterol attack just by visiting Rasa Malaysia.
Anyway, this is the final installment of my lobster series –stir-fried lobster with butter and cheese or 芝士牛油焗龙虾. (To view my previous lobster recipes, please click here and here.) Cheese is back, and this time with butter for a sinfully delectable stir-fry lobster dish! Simply divine. Period. If you have tried this dish, I am sure you can attest to my claim that this is indeed the BEST stir-fry lobster dish, EVER…
While ginger and scallion lobster and black beans lobster–which I find boring and uninspiring–are very popular in Cantonese-style restaurants in the United States, stir-fried lobster with butter and cheese (芝士牛油焗龙虾) is commonly served in Malaysia. As lobsters are extremely expensive in the region, the use of butter and cheese adds that extra “luxury” touch to this preparation.
Words just fail me when it comes to describing the taste of this dish; I will leave the recipe to you so you can experience it for yourself.
Other lobster recipes from Rasa Malaysia:
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 345 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2.5 lbs lobster
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup light cream/milk
- 4 slices Kraft cheese, yep, Chinese restaurants use them! or cheese powder
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- cornstarch for coating the lobster pieces before deep frying
- chopped scallions
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- Clean the lobster and chop it into pieces. Coat the lobster pieces with some corn starch and deep fry in very hot oil until 80% done or as soon as the shell turns red. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat up a wok and add the melted butter. Toss in the chopped garlic, sliced onion and stir fry until aromatic (but before they turn brown). Add in the light cream/milk, bring it to boil, and then add in the fried lobster pieces. Lay the 4 pieces of cheese (or sprinkle cheese powder generously) on top of the lobster and cover the wok on high heat and let it simmer for a few minutes or until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens. Stir and blend the cheese well with the lobster, add chopped scallion, salt and sugar to taste, dish out and serve immediately.
If the sauce is too thick and sticky, add some water to loosen up the sauce. You can use other cheese slices or cheese powder for this recipe.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 17gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 186mgSodium 521mgCarbohydrates 3gProtein 21g