I am not done with my lobster. I told you I had three recipes to share, and I haven’t forgotten about it. As a matter of fact, I was giving you guys a break–I don’t want you to have a cholesterol attack just by visiting Rasa Malaysia.
Anyway, this is the final installment of my lobster series –stir-fried lobster with butter and cheese or 芝士牛油焗龙虾. (To view my previous lobster recipes, please click here and here.) Cheese is back, and this time with butter for a sinfully delectable stir-fry lobster dish! Simply divine. Period. If you have tried this dish, I am sure you can attest to my claim that this is indeed the BEST stir-fry lobster dish, EVER…
While ginger and scallion lobster and black beans lobster–which I find boring and uninspiring–are very popular in Cantonese-style restaurants in the United States, stir-fried lobster with butter and cheese (芝士牛油焗龙虾) is commonly served in Malaysia. As lobsters are extremely expensive in the region, the use of butter and cheese adds that extra “luxury” touch to this preparation.
Words just fail me when it comes to describing the taste of this dish; I will leave the recipe to you so you can experience it for yourself.
Other lobster recipes from Rasa Malaysia:
- Mango and Lobster Salad–a mangolicious and ultra-refreshing salad. A must try!
- Baked Lobster with Cheese–Lobster, baked with your favorite cheese topping. Mmm mmm good.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 345 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Stir-fried Lobster with Butter and Cheese
- 2.5 lbs lobster
- 1/2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup light cream/milk
- 4 slices Kraft cheese (yep, Chinese restaurants use them! or cheese powder)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- corn starch (for coating the lobster pieces before deep frying)
- chopped scallions
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- Clean the lobster and chop it into pieces. Coat the lobster pieces with some corn starch and deep fry in very hot oil until 80% done or as soon as the shell turns red. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat up a wok and add the melted butter. Toss in the chopped garlic, sliced onion and stir fry until aromatic (but before they turn brown). Add in the light cream/milk, bring it to boil, and then add in the fried lobster pieces.
- Lay the 4 pieces of cheese (or sprinkle cheese powder generously) on top of the lobster and cover the wok on high heat and let it simmer for a few minutes or until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens. Stir and blend the cheese well with the lobster, add chopped scallion, salt and sugar to taste, dish out and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
I made this and it was great!!!!
I made this and it was great!!!!
Thanks for trying my recipe.
I love this recipe…how do you think this will taste with giant shrimps????
It will work great with jumbo shrimp.
i tried this recipe many years ago and it was awesome.
Wanted to do it again but it seems that the Recipe page is no longer available.
Really appreciate if this issue could be rectified.
Thank you so much.
The recipe is where the red bar is: CLICK HERE FOR RECIPE.
I Can’t Waite To Try This, I Have Tried Your Other Recipes, They’re Fantastic
thanks for the recipe