Garlic Herb Parmesan Croutons
Delicious, super crispy homemade croutons that taste better than anything store-bought. From prep to the dinner table, this easy recipe takes just 25 minutes to make!
– 5 cloves garlic
(peeled and lightly pounded)
– ▢1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves – ▢1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste – ▢1/4 cup olive oil – ▢4 pieces bread
(cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 6 cups))
– ▢1/4 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan
– Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). – In a small saucepan combine the garlic, parsley, salt, and the oil and simmer the mixture for 3 minutes. Discard the garlic.
– In a bowl, toss the bread cubes with the oil mixture, spread them in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
– Bake in the middle of the oven for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the croutons with the Parmesan and bake them for 5 minutes more, or until they are golden. Sprinkle the croutons with the additional salt and let them cool.
– The croutons keep in an airtight container for 1 week. Serve the croutons as a topping for tossed green salad.
Thick Brush Stroke
easy delicious recipes