Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki - juicy and tender Instant Pot chicken thighs in yummy teriyaki sauce, pressure cooked for 5 minutes and dinner is ready!
– 1 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil – ▢1 1/2 lbs. boneless and skinless chicken thighs – ▢2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce – ▢1/2 cup mirin – ▢1 1/2 tablespoons sugar – ▢1 tablespoon water
– ▢1 tsp corn starch – ▢white sesame seeds
(for garnishing, optional)
– Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is fully heated (to make sure the chicken doesn’t stick to the pot), add the cooking oil.
– Pan sear the chicken thighs until they turn slightly brown on the surface. (If they stick to the pot too much, you may use a non-stick skillet for pan-searing or skip this step.)
Add the soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 6 minutes.
– When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the cover carefully, Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add the corn starch slurry, stir to thicken the sauce.
– Turn off the heat, garnish the chicken with sesame seeds (if using) and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Thick Brush Stroke
easy delicious recipes