Turmeric ChickenSeptember 30th, 2013Recipes, 30-Minute Recipes, Recipes, Malaysian Recipes, Recipes7 Comments
Turmeric Chicken Recipe
Serves 2 | Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 5 Minutes
8 oz skinless and boneless chicken meat (breast or thigh), cut into strips
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 onion, sliced
1 red chili, deseeded and cut into thick strips
2 oz French beans, cut into 2-inch strips
3 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
1. Marinate the chicken with the turmeric powder and oyster sauce for 15 minutes.
2. Heat up a wok and add the oil. Stir-fry the onion until aromatic, then add the chicken and do a few quick stirs.
3. Add the red chili, French beans and stir well with the ingredients in the wok.
4. Add the water into the wok and continue to cook the chicken.
5. Add the sugar and salt (to taste), and continue stirring until the chicken is cooked through. Dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Turmeric powder is derived from the turmeric root. You can get the spice easily at the spice aisle at regular supermarkets or Asian supermarkets. Turmeric powder is yellow in color and has a nice aroma.