Zucchini is in season now and I have many zucchini recipes to share with you. Today, I am going to teach you how to make zucchini fries; they are absolutely crispy, healthy (no deep-frying) and delicious.
Once you try this Parmesan baked zucchini fries recipe, you will be instantly hooked!
Other Zucchini Recipes You Might Like
- Parmesan Zucchini Chips
- Zucchini Fritters
- Zucchini Frittata
- Brown Butter Cilantro Lime Zucchini Noodles
Ingredients for Baked Zucchini Fries
What I love most about this easy zucchini fries recipe is that it calls for a few simple ingredients. There is no deep-frying as they are baked in the oven. As a result, this recipe is low calories, low fat and paleo.
- Japanese panko bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
Parmesan cheese is the secret ingredient and adds amazing flavors. Zucchini has a very mild taste so the cheese enhances the flavors. In addition, Parmesan cheese is to secret to make the panko coating extra crispy and crunchy!
How to Cut Zucchini into French Fries Sticks?
Check out my step-by-step tutorial on how to cut and slice fresh zucchini into sticks.
It does take a bit of time coating the zucchini sticks with the Parmesan-panko mixture but it is certainly a lot easier than deep-frying. I love serving them with ranch dressing, which goes very well with the crispy fries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Air Fryer?
Instead of baking in the oven, you can use air fryer to cook the fries.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 248 calories per serving. It’s a healthy homemade recipe.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This meal is best served with a main dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 3 (about 12 oz./340 g) small zucchinis
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups Japanese panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Slice the zucchinis into 3-inch length by 1/2-inch thick strips. In a bowl, add the salt and 3 dashes of ground black pepper to the eggs, beat well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a big plate or container (not bowl), mix the panko and Parmesan cheese together. Working in batches, drop some zucchini strips into the beaten eggs. Then take each zucchini strip out of the egg mixture, shaking off the excess before rolling with the panko mixture, pressing gently to coat well. Transfer the zucchini strip to the baking sheet. Repeat the above until done.
- Bake, rotating sheets and turning the zucchino fries half way through, until golden brown and crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately with Ranch dressing.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 248Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 124mgSodium 605mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 18g