What Is a Frittata?
A frittata is an Italian dish that is similar to an omelette or quiche, as it is also egg-based. It is usually enriched with extra ingredients such as protein, veggies, and cheese. The word “frittata” translates to “fried” in English.
This summer is the perfect time to make a zucchini frittata.
This recipe is so easy to make but absolutely delicious. Imagine thick and fluffy frittata loaded with thin slices of zucchini and adorned with sweet corn kernels.
I love it that I can serve frittata as a healthy breakfast, as a quick lunch, or even dinner for the entire family. It’s so easy to make and takes practically 15 minutes.
Ingredients for Egg Frittata
- Sweet corn
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the Difference between an Omelette and a Frittata?
Frittatas are usually cooked in a skillet or iron pan on the stovetop, and then finished in the oven. Additionally, the fillings are usually mixed into the eggs rather than folded in the center.
How Do I Bake a Frittata?
Bake until the knife in the center comes out clean, and when the top is golden brown.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 172 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served as is. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 6 large eggs
- 6 pinches salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, about 8 oz. (226 g)
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Crack the eggs into a big bowl and add the salt and lightly beaten the eggs.
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet (preferred) on medium heat and add the oil. Saute the onion until slightly caramelized before adding the zucchini and sweet corn. Cook for 30 seconds before adding the eggs into the the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the edges of the eggs start to turn light brown.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Broil for 1 minute or until surface is nicely browned. Remove from the oven, and sliced into wedges. Serve warm.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 172Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 246mgSodium 680mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 10g