Pork chops are delicious with a simple pan-fry sauce, for example: the mouthwatering and addictive honey garlic sauce.
In this recipe, I will teach you how to make this easy pan-fried pork chops recipe that takes only 15 minutes from prep to dinner table.
The Ingredients for Honey Garlic Pork Chops
This recipe calls for only 5 main ingredients:
- Center cut boneless pork chops. You can also use bone-in pork chops. Both will yield the same results.
- Minced garlic.
- Apple cider vinegar.
You don’t really need any other seasonings, the combination above guarantees amazing taste!
- Use a cast-iron skillet (preferably) to pan-fry the pork chops. Cast-iron skillet retain heats well and spread heat evenly, making the pork chops all-around golden and perfectly pan-fried in the skillet. You can use a non-stick or stainless steel skillet, too.
- Use a combination of vegetable oil and butter to pan-fry the pork chops.
- Cook each side of the pork chop, without turning for about 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork chops. This step will ensure that the pork is perfectly cooked to golden brown in color.
- Use fresh garlic and mince with a chef’s knife on your cutting board. DO NOT use a grater or blend the garlic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Bake Honey Garlic Pork Chop in the Oven?
You certainly can but I don’t recommend. The honey will burn in the oven, and you will not have the same results on the skillet. Plus, baking takes longer, this skillet pork chops recipe takes only 15 minutes!
How Many Calories?
This recipe is only 348 calories per serving. It’s healthy and loaded with protein!
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with a simple side such as Garlic Butter Sauteed Asparagus. Carrots and mashed potatoes go well with pork chops, too. Here are the recipes I recommend.
Menu and Meal Ideas
Other Recipes You Might Like
SUBSCRIBE AND GET NEW RECIPES
Honey Garlic Pork Chops Recipe
Honey Garlic Pork Chops cooked in a skillet, with sticky honey garlic sauce, all done in less than 15 minutes. This recipe is absolutely delicious!
- 15 oz center cut boneless pork chops (3 pork chops)
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian parsley, for garnishing
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
Season the pork chops with salt and ground black pepper, on both sides of the pork. Mix all the ingredients in the Honey Garlic Sauce together. Stir to combine well.
Heat up a cast-iron skillet (preferred) on high heat. Add the vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the pork chops to the skillet and pan fry each side of the pork, uninterrupted, for 3-4 minutes each, or until the surface turns brown. Flip over to the other side and repeat the same.
Push the pork chops to one side of the skillet, add the remaining butter. Add the garlic and saute for 10 seconds, or until they turn light brown. Add the Honey Garlic Sauce, cook to reduce the sauce to a thicker consistency or until the sauce turns amber brown. Spoon the sauce over the pork chops. Turn off the heat, garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.