Sauteed Asparagus Recipe
I love asparagus, especially asparagus with tender stems.
Asparagus is easy to prepare. All you have to do is to trim off the bottom part of the stems. There is no need to peel the hard skin and leaves on the stems.
What is the best way to cook asparagus? To me, it’s simple and healthy sauteed asparagus.
How Do You Saute Asparagus?
One of the easiest recipes to make over the stove top is garlic butter sauteed asparagus.
There is no need to preheat the oven and roast because this recipe takes only 8 minutes. The taste is absolutely delightful.
Just saute the asparagus with a skillet, add some butter and lots of garlic. Season the asparagus with salt ground black pepper and lemon juice.
Asparagus is in season now so it’s high time to enjoy this healthy and delightful vegetable.
Here are my tips:
- Always choose young asparagus. You can tell the difference between young vs. old asparagus from the diameter and width of the stalk. If the stalk are thicker, they are old asparagus. They are not ideal for sauteing, because the stalk are fibrous, tough and woody.
- Buy organic asparagus if you can as organic asparagus are always younger and more tender.
- Trim 1-2 inches off the bottom of the stalks before cooking.
- For young asparagus, you don’t have to peel off the skin. If you have big and fat asparagus, you might want to use a peeler to peel off the skin on the stalk to reveal the white, tender part of the stalks.
Toppings for Sauteed Asparagus
You can add a variety of toppings to jazz up this recipe. For examples:
- Shaved Parmesan cheese such as Parmesan asparagus recipe.
- Panko or breadcrumbs
How Many Calories?
This sauteed asparagus recipe is only 88 calories, making it a very healthy side dish that you should make frequently.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
Garlic butter sauteed asparagus goes well with anything: salmon, chicken, shrimp and meat. If you like roasting in the oven, try my garlic roasted asparagus recipe.
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
This Recipe Goes Well with:
Other Healthy Recipes:
How to Make Sauteed Asparagus?
Garlic Butter Sauteed Asparagus Recipe
Garlic Butter Sauteed Asparagus – the easiest & healthiest asparagus recipe ever, takes only 10 mins to prep. Quick, fresh, and delicious.
- 10 oz young asparagus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- lemon juice, (optional)
Cut the bottom part of the asparagus stems, about 1-2 inches.
Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the melted butter. Saute the garlic until slightly browned before adding the asparagus. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic.
Add salt and ground black pepper. Add a squirt or two lemon juice, if using. Once the asparagus becomes tender and just cooked, remove from heat and serve immediately. DO NOT overcook the asparagus.