The Best Way To Cook Asparagus
Today, let’s talk about asparagus. I absolutely love asparagus, especially young asparagus with tender stems.
They are skinny and you can practically eat everything without having to cut too much off the stems. There is also no need to peel away the hard skin as everything is so tender.
How Do You Saute Asparagus?
One of the easiest recipes to make over the stove top is garlic butter sauteed asparagus. You don’t even need to pre-heat and use your oven to roast because this recipe takes only 8 minutes and the taste is absolutely delightful.
Just saute the asparagus with a skillet, add some butter, lots of garlic and season with salt and ground black pepper! If you like, add a squirt or two of lemon juice. It really doesn’t get any easier than that.
Asparagus is in season now so it’s high time to enjoy this healthy and delightful vegetable. Here are my tips:
- Always choose young asparagus. You can tell the difference between young vs. old asparagus from the diameter and width of the stalk. If the stalk are thicker, they are old asparagus. They are not ideal for sauteing, because the stalk are fibrous, tough and woody.
- Buy organic asparagus if you can as organic asparagus are always younger and more tender.
- Trim 1-2 inches off the bottom of the stalks before cooking.
- For young asparagus, you don’t have to peel off the skin. If you have big and fat asparagus, you might want to use a peeler to peel off the skin on the stalk to reveal the white, tender part of the stalks.
How Many Calories?
This sauteed asparagus recipe is only 88 calories, making it a very healthy side dish that you should make frequently.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
Garlic butter sauteed asparagus goes well with anything: salmon, chicken, shrimp and meat. If you like roasting in the oven, try my garlic roasted asparagus recipe.
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
This Recipe Goes Well with:
Other Healthy Recipes:
SUBSCRIBE AND GET NEW RECIPES
Garlic Butter Sauteed Asparagus Recipe
Garlic Butter Sauteed Asparagus – the easiest & healthiest asparagus recipe ever, takes only 10 mins to prep. Quick, fresh, and delicious.
- 10 oz young asparagus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- lemon juice, optional
Cut the bottom part of the asparagus stems, about 1-2 inches.
Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the melted butter. Saute the garlic until slightly browned before adding the asparagus. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic.
Add salt and ground black pepper. Add a squirt or two lemon juice, if using. Once the asparagus becomes tender and just cooked, remove from heat and serve immediately. DO NOT overcook the asparagus.