It’s summer and it means grilling steak on an outdoor grill. I also love grilled chicken thighs. This Garlic Chive Butter Steak is the perfect grilled steak you can make for dinner this season.
Many people always wonder how to cook steak on grill. In this easy recipe, I will teach you exactly how.
I love my steak pretty rare so it’s extremely tender, juicy and bursting with amazing flavors.
The steak goes well with garlic chive butter. Grilled steak cooks in a total of 14 minutes on a gas grill.
This is the best steak recipe you will need this summer!
Other Recipes You Might Like
What Type of Steak for Grilling Steak?
For grilled steak recipes, I like boneless rib eye because I like my steak to be a bit fatty. You can also use sirloin, flank steak or other cut of steak.
Both rib eye steak and sirloin steak are the best with garlic chive butter. For the seasoning, you only need salt and ground black pepper.
The thickness of the steak is very important. If it’s too thin, it will be overcooked.
You should get steak that is about 3/4″ thick. After you grill the steak, slice into pieces like the pictures here.
Serve with the melting garlic chive butter and you will have the most amazing steak dinner that rivals the best restaurants!
How Long To Grill Steak
Steak grill time depends on the cut and the thickness of steak you have. For boneless rib eye, the grill time is 7 minutes on direct heat for each side, at 500°F.
Click to learn the primal 8 cuts of beef, grilling, BBQ tips and techniques, type of grill to use and preparation methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Temperature to Cook Steak on Gas Grill?
You want to cook steak at high heat with direct flame or heat.
The best temperature for steaks is 500°F. Some gas grill doesn’t get up to 500°F so you can grill at 450°F.
If you want to cook your steak to medium rare or well done, move the steak to the side with no direct heat after direct heat grilling.
Close the lid of the gas grill to barbeque the steak until it reaches your desired doneness.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This steak recipe is only 398 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve the steak with side dishes. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
How to Grill Steak?
- 2 tablespoon salted butter, room temperature
- 1 clove small garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) sirloin steak or boneless rib eye steak, about 3/4"-inch thick
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Make the garlic chive butter by whipping the butter, garlic and chives together. Keep in the fridge to chill. Season the steak with salt and ground black pepper on both sides.
- Heat up the outdoor grill to 500°F (260°C) with the lid down. Grill each side for 7 minutes on direct heat. Then turn over and grill for another 7 minutes. Transfer the steak to a serving platter, add the garlic chive butter on top, slice the steak into pieces and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 398Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 168mgSodium 218mgCarbohydrates 1gSugar 1gProtein 50g